Makita 18V batteries for small kart

michaelw

1 mW
I have two razor karts we're going to ride around on haloween dressed as mario kart characters.

I've ordered chinese battery packs (I actually have good experience with these, although not this particular seller) but they will not be here in time I'm afraid.

I have 4 makita batteries. Two are 3.0 amp hour. Two are 5.0 amp hour. I'm upgrading the kart to 36 volts, I am not sure how much current it will draw. I don't want to decrease the life of these batteries! Any quick answers would be soo apriciated, if not I'll have to figure it out :D

999zip999 said:
? Are the Chinese packs recell makita packs. How about a link ?
These karts were 24v sla and you have tried them on 36v ?
The makita battery packs are just the 18v battery packs for their power tools
Just like these:
Makita BL1850-2 18-volt LXT Lithium-Ion 5.0Ah Battery, 2-Pack- Discontinued by Manufacturer (Discontinued by Manufacturer) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00T2YLVXA/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_i_UVFRDbEPRQ1E3

Among my few concerns are the motor may draw more amps from new packs. I want a long lifespan from my genuine packs, they're expensive!

Kart should run ok on 36 volts with new controller some guys get away with 48 volts but not sure it lasts long especially that 25h chain!

Ok I briefly tested the kart with just two batteries in series. I think the stock packs are 5s2p. With the stock 300 watt mitor I need to measure the amp draw.

I will be using 4 batteries. 5s2p in a 2s2p configuration.

I guess that would be similar to:

5s8p?

Should handle the amp draw, I think

The makita power tool batteries worked awesome! The kart didn't run out of juice the whole run. I had a razor dune butty with a 8AH 48V pack from china that ran out of juice after like 20 minutes, and the makita powered dune buggy just kept on going. The batteries, about 8AH at 36V (only two were the 5AH type the rest were 3AH type) didn't even get warm.

Makita makes a good tool, and good batteries ! :D

Back