Li-ion battery pac charger advice

Cruznsac

1 µW
I’m a newbie and have a li-ion battery bank Q’s
I have 2 different battery banks both are 36v
Here are info on each
1- Ninebot li-ion battery pac NEB1002-H 36V = 5200mAh/187Wh 10 InR19/66-2
2- ES90 36V 12.8Ah-460 8Wh 10S4P RSW32f4-1504P1000-190605A02668
I would like to use both these battery packs ....while one is charging I would be using the other. My Q’s is is it possible to use one charger for both packs ( only one battery pack charging at a time )? I am switching from SLA batteries I have a 800w scooter with a 48v 20Ah SLA battery system.
Any suggestions on a charger would be greatly appreciated.

Best is a charger you can adjust.

Same chemistry, same Series count = same voltage range.

Why are you going from 48V nominal lead

24S right?

down to 36V nominal?

The 2 Li-ion battery banks were given to me and the 4 12v SLA in the scooter now are not giving me much run time. It’s a 3 speed scooter and I only use the first speed ( lowest speed ) and am only getting a distance of about 4-5 miles total ( I’m sure it should do better ). I bought the scooter from a friend for $60 ( great deal ) and have tried all I can think of to improve run time/miles, new controller a couple of new batteries. I thought the li-ion might improve the run time/miles since they weigh about half or more in weight ( the draw back is going from 20Ah to 12.8.
Since the batteries cost me nothing I thought maybe it would be a good change.
Am I wrong? Any constructive criticism would be appreciated .
What do you mean by 24s?

Cruznsac said:
What do you mean by 24s?

> 4 12v SLA in the scooter now

Each 12V is 6S, 6 x 2V cells in series.

Yes LI gives the same energy and more power in half the weight.

But driving a motor + controller designed for nominal 48V likely won't work (well) on a 36V pack.

To get near 48V from LI cells you need 13S, 14S is also common, goes a bit higher voltage.

If the cells in those 36V packs are good quality and not too worn, might be worth decomposing and rebuilding a custom one.

Finding someone local to help would save a lot of shipping cost.

Ok.....what if I were to get another 36v battery bank that matches the 36v 12.8 I have now, is it possible to connect the two and run the scooter on 72v 12.8Ah or is that too much for the scooter to handle? I think I read something when I was looking to replace the controller that implied it was possible to get a more powerful one due to the mfg. of the scooters dumbing down the motor specs somewhat and that an 800w motor is actually more powerful.....is this incorrect? The battery banks are not very old ( maybe 6 months +/- ) and I hate to have them go to waste.

Well if you'd post links to the datasheets of the exact motor and controller in question, someone might chip in with a yes or no, but ideally they'd have actual experience with that hardware.

IMO maybe the motor if you temp-derated with a new controller, but who knows just a flying blind guess.

The other way to go is break the pack(s) down as already mentioned
john61ct said:
If the cells in those 36V packs are good quality and not too worn, might be worth decomposing and rebuilding a custom one.

Finding someone local to help would save a lot of shipping cost.

Back