Which BMS is better: ANT or JBD?

plateau

1 mW
Hi, guys, how are you doing?

I would like to know which BMS is the best choice in my case. My old BMS (a non-smart BMS) has died and I can't spend more than US$80 to buy a new one (preferably a smart BMS).

I have found these options:

• https://www.ebay.com/itm/15S-48V-56V-Li-ion-Lifepo4-Remote-GPRS-Positioning-Battery-Protection-Board-BMS/193229987600?hash=item2cfd679f10:m:mEaWe5H096inppgOP5rC2RA
  • https://www.ebay.com/itm/Smart-Lifepo4-li-ion-Lipo-LTO-Battery-Protection-Board-BMS-48V-72V-Bluetooth-20S/192880341024?hash=item2ce8907020:m:mjkxLUoDSqlfFYdewG0OkKw

My battery is a LiIon 14s7p ...

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Pedro Rosa.

What sort of peak current do you plan on drawing from the pack? Also, both of those are available on AliExpress from the same seller for slightly less cost.

pwd said:
What sort of peak current do you plan on drawing from the pack? Also, both of those are available on AliExpress from the same seller for slightly less cost.

Many thanks for your prompt reply, bro.

Well... my eBike project uses a Bafang bbs02b motor (I bought it some years ago on LunaCycle when I was on vacation in USA https://lunacycle.com/bafang-bbs02-750w-middrive-kit/ ). According to LunaCycle it has 750W and 25 amp controller (built into drive system) with upgraded 3077 mosfets.

Further, I will check both on AliExpress but sometimes they don't send to Brazil, unfortunately.

One more time, thanks you so much.

Regards,

Pedro Rosa.

No problem. Do you know how many peak amps your battery pack is capable of? The general consensus is to find a BMS rated for double that so that it can run nice and cool. Be careful to check the BMS's physical dimensions though, so that it fit's in your original battery case/enclosure.

pwd said:
No problem. Do you know how many peak amps your battery pack is capable of? The general consensus is to find a BMS rated for double that so that it can run nice and cool. Be careful to check the BMS's physical dimensions though, so that it fit's in your original battery case/enclosure.

Ok ok, my dear. Many thanks :)

I think it will reach up to 30A. Then, I hope both mentioned before are suitable.

So, which board is better?

Regards,

Pedro Rosa.

Weird advert for that first one :shock:
I know nothing about either of them, but one is $13 and the other is ~$75 so that probably tells you the answer. I like the LCD display with the second one... Go with that one...but as I said I know nothing of their specs.

kdog said:
Weird advert for that first one :shock:
I know nothing about either of them, but one is $13 and the other is ~$75 so that probably tells you the answer. I like the LCD display with the second one... Go with that one...but as I said I know nothing of their specs.

Thanks, kdog :)

The first one, you need to choose the current before (40 or 50 amps).

Untitled.png

I think the second one is better but the JBD (the first one) is most popular... so, that's the question :)

Interesting that the first link provides a gps tracking device for your ebike(though you have to buy it separately). I only used smart bms with Xiaoxiang app and they work pretty well. Don't forget to buy a Bluetooth module as the first link does not provide one(based on the description). BBS02 doesn't use much current so any of them will work, just make sure that you're ordering the bms for the correct series count of your battery and chemistry.

multifrag said:
Interesting that the first link provides a gps tracking device for your ebike(though you have to buy it separately). I only used smart bms with Xiaoxiang app and they work pretty well. Don't forget to buy a Bluetooth module as the first link does not provide one(based on the description). BBS02 doesn't use much current so any of them will work, just make sure that you're ordering the bms for the correct series count of your battery and chemistry.

Thanks, my dear.

A long time a go, I bought a JBD Xiaoxiang but the microcontroller fried when I tried to update it. So, I'm afraid of problems with a new one. So, do you think the second one worth it or not?

Regards,

Pedro Rosa.

You know Chinese as well as use ! Meaning you get many good ones then a new batch of shit. That's why nobody wants to guarantee a Chinese product. That being said let us know how everything works out and I wish you the best but I don't use a BMS
7 years butt I'm looking to buy a 20s 120amp BT soon . As I have the cells as of yesterday. What cells are you going to use ?

multifrag said:

Does anyone have experience with the GPS tracking built in? The one vendor I spoke with said they only provide it for domestic (China) use. Is there one that's compatible with NA?

Andrewol said:
Does anybody know can this bms be used to track the bike in case of theft?

There is, but as far as I can tell it's only available in China. They offer GPS tracking and remote shutdown in new Smart BMS.

I've also seen it offered on a few eBikes and industrial batteries like forklifts etc. I can't find any info on availability in NA. AFAIC this is a game changer. You can't really get theft insurance on an eBike, despite my bike being worth more than most of the cars I've owned over the years. Having a way to track them and shut them down if they move is invaluable IMO.

People are starting to complain about eBikes not being insured but I don't think insurance companies are willing to underwrite policies for them. You can't do much damage on a bike. Theft however is rampant and the police do next to nothing in terms of recovery. Premiums would likely increase across the board if insurance companies had to cover eBike theft.

Long story short, an integrated theft deterrent like GPS tracking and remote disable is probably the only way to make it viable to have eBikes sharing the roads in a responsible manner.

furcifer said:
Andrewol said:
There is, but as far as I can tell it's only available in China. They offer GPS tracking and remote shutdown in new Smart BMS.

Is SP30S005 this new Smart BMS?

Andrewol said:
furcifer said:
Andrewol said:

Is SP30S005 this new Smart BMS?

The only one I saw was the Daly Smart BMS on ali.

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/32922036615.html?spm=a2g0o.productlist.0.0.2dee413eTX1EMS&algo_pvid=9922306e-c218-4872-af81-23e4d880176f&algo_expid=9922306e-c218-4872-af81-23e4d880176f-8&btsid=0b0a555316035527877428181ef557&ws_ab_test=searchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

eta: there seems to be a GPS module that attach to the Bluetoth/GPS com port on the BMS. I have a feeling the website blocks the webpages outside of China because I can't find them. I was going to buy one just to try and hack.

Back