LG3200 cells from Aliexpress?

muc

10 µW
Hi all,

I am new here and work part time as bicycle messenger and want to upgrade my bike with a motor.

Many aliexpress offers state their akkus include LG3200 cells.

Example 1 Example 2
The sellers could not give me infos (which does not speak for them of course).

Does anybody know anything about these cells? I googled for this questin but really could not find an answer.

Thanks for infos!

Hi, they have in the description that those are 18650 format cells with 3200mAh capacity. Most probably it is LG INR18650 MH1 model, which is actually very good cell.

Thank you for your reply!

Well, it would be great if it were those cells.

I also had an other offer with Samsung 35ET 3500mah cells. I thought these were cood cells, but in this test they do not perfrom so well. Much worse than LG cells, which is why I wanted to go for LG cells. But this chinese offer could also contain other cells.

Do you know which cells these LG packs from Aliexpress normally contains?

Was thinking about a 19,2Ah Pack.

I got this as answer from one seller:

LG Cells:Lithium Ion 18650 MH1 3200mAh
Application: Light Electric Vehicle
Product classification: Cylindrical rechargeable lithium ion battery
Model name: 18650 MH1

So it seems it are those good MH1 cells. I already ordered mine from an other supplier with also "LG3200" in the description. I guess all "LG3200" Aliexpresss cells are the same and would be MH1 cells. When I receive my set I will open the akku pack and check it.

muc said:
So it seems it are those good MH1 cells. I already ordered mine from an other supplier with also "LG3200" in the description. I guess all "LG3200" Aliexpresss cells are the same and would be MH1 cells. When I receive my set I will open the akku pack and check it.

I think you might be in for a surprise.. a seller with previous confirmed good cells and some years on aliexpress with good rating could *maybe* be trusted, all others are doubtful. There are so many sellers that put the wrong cells in their packs or even chinese fake rewrapped cells —> Only buy from reputed sources.

Thanks, the seller I bought from has a long history of positive feedback. I ordered and paid, so I will see what I get...

Dear Muc, did you ever figure out if the LG cells were real or not?
I've been eying the same supplier but it seems too cheap to me compared to competitors.

Back