Meanwell HRP 600 48 fault / fried

Hi everyone!

This is my first post and would like to thank you all for such a great forum! I've started on my ebike journey and have learnt so much and found some really helpful information from here but now have a question and hoping that someone can point me in the right direction.

My ebike uses 12s LiPo batteries and for charging I have been using a Meanwell HRP 600 48 PSU quite happily till it stopped working. I have an electronics background and am handy with a soldering iron. in fault finding I found the 10A input fuse on the 240V AC input voltage to be faulty (open circuit). I soldered on some thin wire to the fuse for testing and ended up tripping the circuit a breaker. I looked further and found that the transformer in the PSU appears to be well burnt, well fried anyway. All other components like the power transistors and caps appear fine so as a first step I intend to see if swapping out the transformer is feasible.

I can see sbi4.2 e150436C on the transformer and googling this I do find a pin out diagram of a Meanwell transforner
Additional numbers on the transformer which correspond to the diagram are 'TF 1823' and 'R2 -1224'

Any suggestions regarding identifying the transformer specs and supplier for a replacement would be appreciated.

thanks hbm

I

Back