Liitokala 100ah lifepo

Sattva Ram

100 W
€ 41,07 41%OFF | LiitoKala 3.2V 100Ah LiFePO4 battery can form 12V battery Lithium-iron phospha 100000mAh Can make Boat batteries, car batteriy
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mLVhuKp

I am building an aprilia rs50 conversion with qs 4000w motor and votol em150 controller. I am vacillating between Samsung inr35e pack and a pack from these lifepos. Are these any good? I find the internal resistance a bit high with these lifepos at 100 amps continuous the 24s pack would create 500watts of waste. I also wanna charge the pack at 0.6C instead of the given 0.4C. Will it be able to handle it? I might make water cooling for the pack if necessary. I am afraid it would overheat like crazy the same capacity pack from the samsungs has almost 1.5x the surface area while only creating half as much heat (and if there's no airgaps between the lifepo cells then the situation is even worse). Any experiences shared about these cells is appreciated.

The chemistry is great, **much** longer lifespan, just lower energy density.

No problem with those C-rates.

Just that brand does not have a great reputation.

Why use so many little cells?

A123 is 10x better.

But 100Ah in just a few, or even a single cell from

Winston, CALB, GBS, Sinopoly, CATL

would be much easier and just as good.

john61ct said:
The chemistry is great, **much** longer lifespan, just lower energy density.

No problem with those C-rates.

Just that brand does not have a great reputation.

Well it has improved energy density 160 wh/ kg which is li-ion territory only it has dismal internal resistance. I have headways and 3 pieces of 10ah headways have the same internal resistance as this liitokala 100Ah. So I guess the good energy density came at the cost of IR.

Are you saying that density has been objectively verified through precise testing by you or a third party?

Can you link to the published test results?

If you are just stating a vendor claim, I'd take it with a kg of salt

There are vids on yt of 100Ah chinese lifepos at less than two kilos each. There has been improvement. The guy was also sceptical before testing but hey capacity tester aint no liar. Then again I guess the price was the internal res for the energy density. So maybe they aren't best for high power automative application, maybe with water cooling or something.

https://youtu.be/-QZ8NhD7rCk

Sorry, guys making their living as YTers and "influencers" don't have much credibility IMO.

But maybe I'm just too cynical, hate the inefficiency of video as a learning medium too.

That particular guy annoyed the heck out of me even back when he was a noob, very much afflicted by Dunning–Kruger at the time.

I'm sure he's learned a lot since then though.

Back