Help with LG chem Batteries

vortec87

1 µW
Hi!
I am new to the forum, but not super new to EV's. Currently I am working on getting the info i need to convert my 84 fiero to an EV. I need help identifying the LG Chem batteries that i got. Mainly i just need to know the AHr rating.

Attachments

• LGChem.jpg
    LGChem.jpg
    103 KB · Views: 353
That cell looks beat up as hell, hope the rest don't look like that.

The only way to find the Ah rating for sure is with a capacity meter/Battery capacity tester.

eee291 said:
That cell looks beat up as hell, hope the rest don't look like that.

The only way to find the Ah rating for sure is with a capacity meter/Battery capacity tester.

It looks mostly like adhesive residue, no dents or punctures in the body...

To op: capacity test it, round off the Ah number and google "LG chem xAh cells".
If you can't find it you'll have to track where they come from. That'll be either the device or battery module they were salvaged from/meant to be in, you'll find information there.

Hillhater said:
BDamari said:
It looks mostly like adhesive residue, no dents or punctures in the body...

:shock: There iss a crease right down the middle !
But i assume this is just a sample to show the codes ?
I thought so too my friend, but look at the edge of the cell's body just before the terminals, that's not an inward crease but an outward one, so basically just a road bump. Since the depth of it seems to be not even 1mm, it could be caused by cell housing not being made in one piece, and having a minor gap between the two pieces.
However, now that you mentioned it I am seeing small dents under the "LGC" and next to the "LH", which are not any cause for alarm either to be honest.
Lipo cells' plastic wrap are not very durable, take a lipo cell and drag your fingernail on it without any pressure and you'd still leave a mark. This is why I think what we're seeing is not much damage at all.

I have used many ropey looking/abused Lipo pouches over the years, but only in small packs (<1kWh), for use on Ebikes.
However, I would not pay money for a cell in that condition, let alone risk useing it in a EV car pack !

Back