Mistory cells?

Thor230

1 mW
Hey guys and gals I picked up these cells from battery hookup a few weeks ago and they said they were from a Honda insight they are 18s modules each cell is at 3.65v so my guess is 4.2v max charge voltage
And they said that they are Panasonic but I can't find any identification markers on them and they said they were most likely 5 amp hour 60 C but that's not a definite and the problem is Honda doesn't use these flat cells that uses cylindrical ones the closest thing I can find to these is what Toyota uses but those have a green case on them and I think a little bit larger and physical diameter so if anybody has actual first hand knowledge on these or a link to a website with the specs for them that would be much appreciated.

I'm not sure if I can post pictures yet so here is a link to the batteries I bought
https://batteryhookup.com/products/18x-power-cells-honda-insight-352wh

Edit. From what i have found these are panasonic proto EV cells made for a couple of different vehicle manufacturers such as Honda and Volkswagen
And supposed to be are better than the small C-Max cells. They're supposed to have a higher C rating and handle abuse a lot better then the C-Max 5.5ah cells and they are newer being in use from 2018 to next yr

Attachments

• 20201105_185959_HDR_copy_480x239.jpg
    20201105_185959_HDR_copy_480x239.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 534
  • 20201105_005134_copy_480x960.jpg
    20201105_005134_copy_480x960.jpg
    50.4 KB · Views: 534
  • 20201105_005152_copy_480x960.jpg
    20201105_005152_copy_480x960.jpg
    53.9 KB · Views: 534
  • 20201105_005243_copy_640x319.jpg
    20201105_005243_copy_640x319.jpg
    29.7 KB · Views: 534
I think i figured out how to post pictures. My question is does anybody know for sure what type of cells days are and if so what the specs for each individual cell is? Because it's all I have are assumptions and guesses but no actual hard facts as to the ratings on these cells

Edit. Well I thought I figured out how to post pictures but apparently I was wrong because I don't see them I will continue to figure this crap out sorry for the delay

Adding photos, try this:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=14748&start=175

This is so freaking annoying the largest file you can upload is 512 megabytes and the smallest picture I have is 3.5gig so I'm not sure when the computer software was written for this website possibly 1981? Because I don't know of any modern day picture that's only 512 megabytes smh.....

Upload them to a site like Imgur and then just link them here with the "insert image" tag in the edit options.

Thor230 said:
This is so freaking annoying the largest file you can upload is 512 megabytes and the smallest picture I have is 3.5gig so I'm not sure when the computer software was written for this website possibly 1981? Because I don't know of any modern day picture that's only 512 megabytes smh.....

Looks like you're the one who's out of date, of you can't even resize one of your own photos.

Thor230 said:
Yes it is completely computer 101-level stuff to reduce the resolution of huge pics in order to send them over the internet, my 3rd grader figured it out without help.

Why would you even take such high-res shots? Crazy waste of your own storage

The size limit is 512 Kb, NOT Mb. That is "KILO" as opposed to "MEGA".

There are numerous good reasons for a website to limit image sizes. Likely a waste of time to explain them.

The OP's link to original product purchased is no longer valid. They will have to make perhaps 30-60 seconds worth of effort to provide useful information which might result in useful answers.

Maybe invest in a spell checker, too.

Takes a bit of learning to know how to ask questions in such a way that you are likely to get better / more answers.

Expressing anger at the world for things resulting from your own ignorance, is not conducive that way.

_______
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

This site can be a very unwelcoming place. It is indeed stupid that the size limit for pictures is so small. Sure a reasonable limit makes sense, but when you have to reduce an image to well below "cheap camera phone" size to post it, it makes more sense to just make it clear how to link images from other sites. It's funny: I used to always have a photo program with which I could reduce file size in seconds, but after several crashes and the obsolescence of the programs I was using, I don't have one either. So I link from Imgur.

And suggesting that a new poster here get a spell checker is hilarious. Why stick out like a sore thumb? You guys who are lambasting him for not being able to shrink photos are for the most part unable to or unwilling to use a spell checker and can't tell the difference between homonyms like "brake/break". It's embarrassing, frankly.

There are **tons** of free and dead easy to use photo shrinker/resizers available for every. single. platform/OS

Post which you're on and help will be given.

I agree increasing to a reasonable max would be great, we can all ask the site owner pretty please, but in this case

the OP apparently expected **huge** photos to be accepted so that would not be a solution anyway, and hosting fees would def go way up.

I also agree IMGUR is a super solution.

As for unwelcoming, I think "teaching to fish" is not just appropriate but also necessary, when the noob is asking for significantly technical help but not providing enough info to get it.

https://m.facebook.com/groups/DIYBATTERY/permalink/2418908331737649/

Here's a link to a Facebook post I made it about them that has pictures in it.

Dauntless said:
Ah, once again the usual suspects flock to the fight with no answer.

I'm used to it there's a plethora of keyboard Warriors these days especially now that McDonald's has laid off so many of their employees due to the pandemic did they have extra time on their hands at their mom's house to do little angry masturbation and keyboard swashbuckling.

john61ct said:
There are **tons** of free and dead easy to use photo shrinker/resizers available for every. single. platform/OS

Post which you're on and help will be given.

I agree increasing to a reasonable max would be great, we can all ask the site owner pretty please, but in this case

the OP apparently expected **huge** photos to be accepted so that would not be a solution anyway, and hosting fees would def go way up.

I also agree IMGUR is a super solution.

As for unwelcoming, I think "teaching to fish" is not just appropriate but also necessary, when the noob is asking for significantly technical help but not providing enough info to get it.

I wouldn't necessarily call them huge photos I mean they're coming from a $75 phone but to each his own.

LeftieBiker said:
This site can be a very unwelcoming place. It is indeed stupid that the size limit for pictures is so small. Sure a reasonable limit makes sense, but when you have to reduce an image to well below "cheap camera phone" size to post it, it makes more sense to just make it clear how to link images from other sites. It's funny: I used to always have a photo program with which I could reduce file size in seconds, but after several crashes and the obsolescence of the programs I was using, I don't have one either. So I link from Imgur.

And suggesting that a new poster here get a spell checker is hilarious. Why stick out like a sore thumb? You guys who are lambasting him for not being able to shrink photos are for the most part unable to or unwilling to use a spell checker and can't tell the difference between homonyms like "brake/break". It's embarrassing, frankly.

Back in the day I used to use Photobucket but I'm not sure if that place is even around anymore?.

john61ct said:
Takes a bit of learning to know how to ask questions in such a way that you are likely to get better / more answers.

Expressing anger at the world for things resulting from your own ignorance, is not conducive that way.

_______
How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html

Ignorance is not necessarily what is at play here because we are all lacking in information in some aspect on the internet and in life in general and so you could say we're all ignorant however I express my frustration because sometimes it is conducive if enough people agree upon the same frustration and or Express themselves as this can encourage the leadership of this page to make improvements in order to keep the people happy.

And this isn't a magician website I haven't provided enough information to expect a valid response with information that I so desire because the obvious reason (no photos) so I was not expecting any replies yet until I took the time to go back to 1986 and resize these photos

Balmorhea said:
Thor230 said:

Looks like you're the one who's out of date, of you can't even resize one of your own photos.

Do you kiss your mama with that mouth? Sound like a bit of a little twat how old are you by chance?. FYI yes I can resize a photo I just didn't want to.

john61ct said:
Thor230 said:
Yes it is completely computer 101-level stuff to reduce the resolution of huge pics in order to send them over the internet, my 3rd grader figured it out without help.

Why would you even take such high-res shots? Crazy waste of your own storage
Good for you. He also stopped eating his boogers? And pissing himself at night?.

G I don't know I like good quality photos? And SD cards that have a lot of space on them are cheap now? And because everybody but you and your tasty paste eating kid that's "talented" with computers take high resolution pictures? .That's just a name a few.

The price of the phone is not relevant

Thor230 said:
the smallest picture I have is 3.5gig

There is no place on the net but paid storage for photos that large, absolutely ridiculous.

Thor230 said:
I took the time to go back to 1986 and resize these photos
So post them?

Also there are dozens of measurements that will help get the answers to your

oh wait you haven't asked any specific question yet.

The "ratings" of your Mistory cells are not what you need.

Your goal should be to learn how to actually measure their attributes and performance metrics

and then compare those to the requirements of your use case

which you should also describe here, if you believe members here are going to help you.

Thor230 said:
Balmorhea said:
Thor230 said:

Do you kiss your mama with that mouth? Sound like a bit of a little twat how old are you by chance?. FYI yes I can resize a photo I just didn't want to.

Me? I date back to the ‘60s, and I can wipe my own without help.

john61ct said:
The price of the phone is not relevant

Thor230 said:
the smallest picture I have is 3.5gig

There is no place on the net but paid storage for photos that large, absolutely ridiculous.

When i mentioned the price of the phone i was implying that i by no means had the latest and most high resolution camera on the market. Do you have actual info on the original question ? If not move along

john61ct said:
Thor230 said:
I took the time to go back to 1986 and resize these photos
So post them?

Also there are dozens of measurements that will help get the answers to your

oh wait you haven't asked any specific question yet.

The "ratings" of your Mistory cells are not what you need.

Your goal should be to learn how to actually measure their attributes and performance metrics

and then compare those to the requirements of your use case

which you should also describe here, if you believe members here are going to help you.

I know how to "measure their attributes" however i wanted FACTS pertaining to things like the actual brand and model # and factory rating. So that i can compare the factory specs to the real world results for various reasons .

Im a busy man and haven't found the time to frock with a photo sharing platform and so I don't expect any help or replies untill i do so.

Back