Bosch / Yamaha ebike battery BMS Clone

lstoch

10 µW
HI

I'm based in South Africa and my small company Relectro, inter alia, assembles and refurbishes lithium ion batteries.

We stock PCMs (10S, 13S, 14S and 16S) where the requirements are 2 wires for charging, two for a switch and two for power.

We are increasingly receiving requests from clients to refurbish batteries with bespoke BMSs such as for Bosch and Yamaha motors. These BMSs seem to be impossible to source - I have searched thoroughly without luck.

Does anyone know of anyone who has successfully cloned (and thoroughly tested) these BMSs?

Customers are in an invidious position - (a) they cannot import replacement batteries due to IATA rules prohibiting air transport of said batteries and (b) the cost of these batteries from the suppliers is 3 to 4 times higher than we would charge to refurbish using branded cells (Panasonic, Samsung and Sanyo)

Any assistance would be most appreciated.

Leonard

The only factory I know that's producing third-party pack is e-bike vision. They build custom packs and I don't know if they are official bosch dealer. Located in Germany.

https://www.e-bike-vision.de/product/powerpack-for-bosch-active-performance/en

Back