Could this be quite the bargain?

Manbeer

1 kW
Probably not but we will see. I was looking for a pack like this and the seller specifically stated NCR21700t cells. What is interesting is that all of their other listings don't specify the cell and don't show pictures, and this one has a hand written 9.6ah capacity rather than checking off the 10 amp box. Seems very specific, maybe they are authentic? Only a 15amp BMS but it will suit the application and the cells being used. can probably request a different one if needed

F27A3271-269C-4F55-8265-EC76F3F57D5C.png

I think i paid under a hundred bucks shipped with coupons, AND they customized the pack to be short and fat like i wanted and run an xt60. If the dollar factor closely parallels this, one could expect a 4p to cost a little over 200 bucks. not bad if they are genuine cells

My original plan was to rip it open when i got it to see what the guts look like but it actually was constructed better than i expected and has a pretty rigid shell

they forgot the charger, but it did arrive in 2 weeks roughly with no signs of it being a battery on the package. zero fucks given i guess

05F86FC1-7D8C-44DE-A7B5-B677216A436A.jpeg

Anyway, the cells are not a monster performer...pretty much 15a continuous iirc and they would be happier with 10. I would prefer 40t or Molicel P42 but for the low drain application i will be using them for they should so fine. planning on putting it in a seat bag on a chinese carbon gravel bike im building for the wife with 27.5x47's and a bafang g310 running a KT controller meant to fit into a hailong base i modded to use standalone cause i wanted a lower profile. 7/15amps so this should be plenty. I am really, really pushing to keep the build as close to 30lbs including battery as i can without breaking the bank. Lots of aliexpress billet, carbon and ti going on

everythingisawave said:
Are there balancing leads?

its just a separate 5.5mm charging lead but i bet they would do external balancing leads if requested.

I figured it would just be loosely packed in the usual blue shrink with maybe some cardboard but It actually feels like plastic sheet, it's pretty sturdy. They used silicone wire, The heat shrink seems a step above the typical blue brick stuff, and it's tightly sealed with white silicone at the edges

could be a good cover up if the insides are crap. hard to justify ripping it open like i planned though

i seriously doubt those cells are original. its probably the fake ones they sell for 1.25 bucks on alibaba.

the original are simply not sold new. only tesla gets them so if it is a "orginal" tesla cell as the cell number implies its pulled from a crashed model 3/Y and modifed/welded top plate to have a normal button top weld point and some fake heat shrink as they dont have any on the orginal cells.

Back