Fine Tuning of 20S BSM

Maciek

1 mW
Hello everyone,

Recently Purchased 20S, 80 Amp BSM from:

https://www.banggood.com/20S-20-series-60V-Electric-Vehicle-Protection-Plate-50A-or-60-or-80A-Tricycle-Electric-Friction-Protection-Plate-BMS-for-3_7V-Battery-p-1756342.html?cur_warehouse=CN&ID=514653&rmmds=search

Would like to change some settings on it. On side of the board there is 4 pins white socket. Trying to find out the purpose for it,
hoping that it"s programing port. Seller in China is absolutely no help. Any help from you will by highly appreciated.
Thanks, Mike from NY

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    390.7 KB · Views: 765
Hallo again,
Still trying to find the way to find the software to look into my 20S BMS. I think that 4 pin socket on my board could be UART connection to the outside world. Pins could be input, output, ground and 5V supply. 3 out of 4 of them are labeled by chinese letters. Maybe someone could help me with its meaning. Also still looking for the software to program this BMS. Any help will be highly appreciated.
Below attached picture of the board with letters in question.
BMS Board.png

Even if that is a programming port (which is certainly possible), you would need to get the software from the BMS manufacturer to program it (assuming they make it publicly available, which is not very common with most devices).

You can try Google Translate app on a phone or tablet to get an approximation of what those characters mean. Autotranslations often suck at technical things, so you may have to guess what is actually meant by whatever the translation tells you. ;)

I tried to look at the seller page you linked, but it doesn't exist anymore. Do you have any details about who they said made the BMS? If not, you may have to examine all markings on the BMS to see if any of them lead to the manufacturer, where you might be able to locate software for it. Keep in mind the software is very likely to be completely in Chinese, so you may have to again use GT app to figure out what buttons, menus, etc are for.

Depending on the chipset used on the board that connect to the UART port (if it is one), and whether they use standard firmware rather than something custom-made for that BMS/manufacturer, you may be able to use the software from another BMS that uses the same chipset.

This BSM is still being sold by AliExpress with new internet address:

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/33017576894.html?spm=a2g0o.search0304.0.0.5d244cb3sFPhb9&algo_pvid=dc7467d0-0a8c-4538-aed1-9024a907c742&algo_exp_id=dc7467d0-0a8c-4538-aed1-9024a907c742-25

Already I asked them for help with more info and programming software and waiting for answer. I know, this is long shut but maybe I'm lucky. Found similar, by look, BSM on internet and identical 4 pin socket is UART. With GT app I don't know how to put Chinese letters into it. Will try to find person speaking Chinese and ask for help. There is nothing else on this BMS besides 3 letters next to 4 pin socket, shown on the picture.

Maciek said:
With GT app I don't know how to put Chinese letters into it.
The app has a "step by step" function; just take a pic with the camera of whatever youre translating. It's not perfect, but it's often better than nothing. ;)

Got the meaning of the magic letters. From left to right: Black, Unmark Pin, Yellow, Ground. Not much but always something.
Still looking for programming software. Would like to adjust same parameters like cut of voltage per cell from 4.25 to 4.15 and bring lower limit from 3 to 3.2 volts, to extend life of the battery.
If will not find then still can set maximum voltage of charger to 83 volts for 20S battery and hoping for equalization of cells by BMS, and never discharge the whole pack below 64 volts. Unless someone has a better idea...

Recently got the BMS manual from the seller. Product model number CF-20S90A-D. Not much new information in it. Still do not entirely understand procedure of connecting and disconnecting BMS to and from the battery. Here is what they wrote:

(1). The row line starts from the fine black line connection B-, the second line
connects the first battery electrode and the positive of each battery; then insert
the row line into the protective plate;
(2). After the wiring is completed, measure whether the battery B +, B-voltage and
P + and P-voltage value is the same as the protection plate works normally; otherwise,
follow the above;
(3). After confirming that the wiring and protection plate are working normally, weld
the power line from the total core negative electrode to the welding point of B-of
the protection plate;
(4). When removing the protective plate, pull out the exhaust line (if there are two lines, pull the high voltage line,
then the low voltage line), and then remove the power line B-.

Still looking for programming software for their CF-20S90A-D BMS. Any help will be highly appreciated.

Attachments

• BMS.png
    BMS.png
    485.8 KB · Views: 217
Back