Jumbo Shark DP-9 32650 Build

Skirmish

100 mW
I'd like to put 32650 cells in a hard case that is sold as being able to hold up to 91 x 18650s. I've seen it called Jumbo Shark or Reention DP-9.

It think I would have to 3D-print a new cell grid so that it has 32mm slots.

Could anyone give me a hand? I think the first thing I'd need is the measurements of the existing cell grid. Then I think I'd need a CAD file of the grid with the larger 32mm holes to take to a 3D printer.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

jumbo.PNG

Sketched out the jumbo for fun. 1mm spacing between cells, 18mm wide.

Stick to to 18 or 21 size cells, you can get 21mm size batteries that are 5ah, I think you'll have a hard time finding a reputable manufacturer of "32650" (I might be wrong tho).

Also it would be stupid hard to organize the pack for such a monstrosity of a cell.

I've got a bazillion 18650GA, I'd be happy to send you a packs worth.

Good luck. Cookie

Attachments

• jumbo.dxf
    14.3 KB · Views: 8
I'm doing a lot custom work on these cases and got the 3D-models. Just ask Reention (reention@163.com # +86 135 0626 4110), they share them pretty easily!

Tried to fit a 14S7P 18650 a while ago: https://www.thingiverse.com/thing:4627055

This is my approach to fit a 14S5P 21700 and modding the case with a heatgun. Seems pretty do able to me.
LvAJZRx.png

dnGyven.png

cheapcookie said:
Also it would be stupid hard to organize the pack for such a monstrosity of a cell.

I've got a bazillion 18650GA, I'd be happy to send you a packs worth.

Good luck. Cookie

tyvm :)
I was looking into LiFePo4, the 32650s seemed about the most economical cylindrical cell I could find.
Thank you so much for your offer on the batteries! I'm in Australia so postage might be a lot, if you let me know how much it would cost I'll definitely see if it's doable.

Tomblarom said:
This is my approach to fit a 14S5P 21700 and modding the case with a heatgun. Seems pretty do able to me.
That sounds like a pretty good idea. So you are removing the plastic cell spacers within your groups of 5p? Does the case accommodate the cell length?

I tried it and trashed one DP-9 case. ABS isn't easy to work with and heavily warps, when not tightend down. My plan was to make a form of the new custom cell holders out of wood and force the upper DP-9 shell into it. A 21700 14S5P isn't physically possible, so you have to enlarge the case somehow. Even tough I used a powerful 2000W Steinel heatgun, it wasn't able to evenly heat up the whole upper part.. Maybe I should have used two of them. My second approach was to pull, while heating up, through screwing it against the base plate.

That's what the printed cell holders look like:

I saw people warping these cases, to fit the BMS or rear shock (from @Daxxie):

Maybe I need to give this a second try some day, but for now I'm planing to build a epoxy GFK based triangle frame case.

Back