Basic questions by a newbie dreaming of a circa 1kwh boat setup

kerosene

1 mW
Hey all,
Been member forever but really a lurker. And in recent years not even that.

No I am dreaming of a solar powered simple outrigger canoe. Sails optional.
bZVR-znrDe5FZFZRb31HGRWTje7XZ6STDtbhPNFJRVB8XDesyguvpyJxLJHIv0z-69JS7DMx2H56Yv7lSwdPy4TxB6Sj5Tvl3peRM5KksNGN8Z84LZNc6gr16sUBtHH_uZMfnlBL=w800

I am trying to not make things to complicated and just get going so might start with lead acid as I have many so-so used 100+ ah batteries around. But writing here to get an idea of all the gear I need if I go LiFePO4 route.

I would be using 55A 12V basic trolling motor with Chinese PWM controller for speed controller (the trolling motor set to full speed or direct wired to the motor from the PWM)

So the real question is:

What do I need if I want 100Ah 4s / 12V LFP battery built from from separate cells.

are the cells + BMS + some kind of a charger enough? Do I need some other fancy tools or other hardware besides basic multimeter?

I am looking at individual 100Ah cells + Daly China BMS. Link below. The motor is rated at 55A and the likely max solar output from my panels would be theoretical 600+ W but more likely 500W max. Would a 80A/40A charge BMW be ok?

Thanks a lot.
Heikki

BMS example:
BMS 100A discharge/50A charge
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/400...earchweb0_0,searchweb201602_,searchweb201603_

If you are buying one of those big 100ah batteries, they might already have a BMS built in. Link the battery and motor your are thing of buying.

:D :bolt:

Thanks, I am thinking of buying 4x 100Ah cells as the ready made 12V batteries cost so much more. Definitely pays to do some DIY cases. Also while I have done quite little in terms of electricity projects I would not mind doing a little learning/hobbying.

Btw e-beach, though I am in and from Finland I lived 9 years in LA. Worked in Venice. I hope all is good there. I miss the food choices, desert and the beach.

Back