charges only 53.2 volts, it is meant to charge 54.4

Partizan kalo

100 µW
Hey,

I made a battery 48 V. the problem is hat i charges only to 53,2 Voltt. it should charge to 54,4. Som body said t me that i have to put it on charge for one week even that it is not charging ????????

How many cells in series? What cells? Li-ion? LiFePO? There's also a possibility the charger has a potentiometer inside to adjust the final output voltage.

P.s a 13S 48V charges to 54.6v. And you should not have to charge for any specific length of time. It depends what amps your charger puts out to how fast they fill up. And if the charger is not charging then no electricity is transferred from charger to battery so you can leave it a week but it'll sat doing nothing. Whoever said that needs to be schooled in battery technology

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Hei,
How many cells in series? 13s What cells? Li-ion

the charger that i use for this new battery, i use it also for me old battery. so charger is working. put i remember i put different voltage in Serie 3,7 and 4,2. not all put some off them. so he said it take time to balance

Find out the state of charge of the battery or what is the charge level in each cell ? Start at the negative end as cell one moving to the positive end record each voltage of each cell like this on a piece of paper.
1. 4.20v
2. 4.01v
3. 4.15v

13. Xxx
Report back. Plus
Check voltage of charger. Share.
Check voltage of battery. Share here.
This is where you need to start.

Partizan kalo said:
How many cells in series? 13s What cells? Li-ion
Assuming well balanced, within say 0.02V overall

then a stop-charge of even 52.7V is plenty, ideal for longevity

54V is the maximum I'd use if the use case needed every mAh of range, capacity utilization

but then you are losing some cycle longevity.

So 53.2V is fine, very healthy!

And note that voltage with the pack isolated and at rest will settle a bit lower than the stop-charge setpoints listed above.

And drop pretty quickly even with just a tiny momentary load draw.

U built a 48V battery, assumming 3,7V nominal per cell x 13S equals 48V
full charge will be 4,2 x 13S equals 54,6V

If charging to 53,2V means some cells out of balance. check all cell blocks for weak point less voltage block.

after finish main charge do top charge to all 13S block cells individually to 4,2V

tips:
double battery cycles life doin charge to max 4,1V per cell means 13S top charge will be 53,3V
triple battery life/cycles charging to max 4,0V top x 13S means 52,0V full charge

@ 4,0V top charge cells will last at least 1,5k-2k cycles. instead of original 600/1k cycles

Back