Emerson R48-3500e rectifier voltage adjust.

jairbj

1 mW
Hi friends, I bought an Emerson R48-3500e rectifier recently and it came programmed for 52v output. I know that I can program it for 48v with a help of a programmer but I don't have it. Also, I saw a lot of videos showing how to mod it to achieve variable voltage replacing a resistor with a potentiometer but my board is different from every video I saw.

Can anyone help me with that? My version is the aluminum case one.

Picture of my board:
IMG_20210603_212546.jpg

Find and remove the patch resistors R621 and R625, connect a 22k adjustable potentiometer at both ends of the two resistors, find and remove the patch resistor R649, rotate the 22K adjustable resistor, a miracle happens.22K adjustable range of the adjustable resistance is 5v-60v. If you change to 220k, the voltage can be 80v-100v, but then you have to consider the withstand voltage of the output part of the power tube and filter capacitor. High voltage must replace the power tube and filter capacitor, otherwise Bomber.

radio05 said:
Find and remove the patch resistors R621 and R625, connect a 22k adjustable potentiometer at both ends of the two resistors, find and remove the patch resistor R649, rotate the 22K adjustable resistor, a miracle happens.22K adjustable range of the adjustable resistance is 5v-60v. If you change to 220k, the voltage can be 80v-100v, but then you have to consider the withstand voltage of the output part of the power tube and filter capacitor. High voltage must replace the power tube and filter capacitor, otherwise Bomber.

Hi friend thank you for the instructions, I'll test them as soon as possible. Currently, I'm posting my findings at this post (https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=112293).

jairbj said:
radio05 said:

Hi friend thank you for the instructions, I'll test them as soon as possible. Currently, I'm posting my findings at this post (https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=112293).

If you release a new modification plan, please indicate the source. In addition, change the voltage separately without limiting the current, which may exceed the rated power and cause safety hazards. The complete modification must consider and pay attention to the original design requirements, otherwise it will be very easy to appear after the modification. Kind of problem.

Back