Hyperion Eos repair. anyone had success????

So my second(and last) Hyperin Eos blew up while charging lifepo4 at 3.4v.

This is the second time I'v had a Hyperion blow up with the same symptoms. the 4905 fet blows with a resulting short across its legs.

Iv replaced all the fets only to have the same 3905 fet blow immediately or soon after. iv tried to fix this problem on both my chargers, a few times :roll:

so im thinking there is something upstream that's wrong , causing that same fet to blow up, but its beyond my experience to know what it might be.

iv checked the caps and all the other fets, small smd resistors, nothing seems to be obviously blown. the 5v rail is still alive and screen still lights up till the replaced fet blows again. Hell I even got it to charge at 3 amps once then it blew again when I increased it to 10a.

So I know these arn't the best quality chargers, but they suited my purpose and are no longer for sale now. just hope someone may know more about how they fail than me!

cheers,RTL

If the design is marginal, higher output fans w/o grills may help.

If you're already replacing FETs, uprated FETs direct from a reputable source.

Those are great ideas.
I was thinking of upgrading fets, but as my electronics journey is still in infant stage, I was not sure if i could do that, and if they would be compatible

But, I think I need to solve the root of the issue first. the new fets I used were blown under no load on start up in some instances so I suspect it's an issue with another component,( caps or resistor?) that I havnt found yet.

i'm in the same boat - my 1420 stopped working yesterday . not sure who repairs chargers and since it's EOL product there's probably no repair from the vendor. I don't have much time to check on it - so i'd prefer to give this away for free and ship it to someone who has experience checking/fixing these chargers.

im so sure there is one component that's prone to failure in these chargers. at firsts I thought the 3905 fet, but its gotta be something that regulates current or voltage to the fet that causes the replacement to blow too. its not any of the ics or any of the smarts, that all still seems to be working. its something that does the gruntwork where the power comes in id say.

iv even thought about contacting some of the youtube electronics wiz guys to see if they could suggest something...

You are in the right direction. 3710 blows every time you leave the batt connector unattended and cause shortcircuit .

Check the three IRFB4110 , Irf3710 , IRF4905 and irf3205 replace all of them. It is hard to pull this little demons out, so be careful .

Back