first battery

ijr9005

100 mW
here is my first battery, cells are samsung salvaged 1500ma,10s 9p, roughly graded and built into a jumbo shark case, the supplied BMS wouldnt work so cut it out and went without one, i was keen to get rolliin, drive is rear hub 500watt with 250 watt control giving 10mph on a voodoo banttu mtb, all was fine for a week,then a series died ,reversiing polarity, that was replaced so 9 dead batteriies, this happened twice more so 27 dead total, i did find 2 bad conections on the string next door, the circuit board welder wrked well with a 100 amp old truck battery, i assumed it would work as well with a smaller car battery so recycled the truck battery, a mistake. so time to add a BMS,a load test of 3 twelve watt bulbs[i am a fully qualified sparks but refuse to call them lamps because thats BS] ran the load for 23 hours so 828 watt hour,828÷36v= 23 ah battery, with bms iin place, plugged in the charger, indicator light red,, so it was charging, took much longer to charge with the BMS in situ, so i guess before it was getting to 42V by overcharging some striings and undercharging others, and now its takiing time to balance the strings, so off i set, 20 miles at 10mph with no peddling, would have liked the legal max 15mph, may use thinner tyres to get the speed up, not going aboove 250 watts as have a motorcycle, the range is down to 5 milesthen the BMS shuts the unit down, thiis happened 2 days n a row, happened again today, plugged in charger and the light went from red to green straight away, i suppose the bms isnt happy, so lid off the pack, bulk chargiing, im not wrapping again tiill i get this thing down patt, picked up 108 20700 cells,next purchase the opus bt charger/discharger so i can get capacity values, full grading of cells, dally bluetoothe BMS, newish truck battery for welder, just found this forum and learning much,please no warnings of catostayfy and doom, i have a large bread bin and will pop it in should meltdown occur, all the best
wzxv20c.jpg

vollage readings after bulk charging to 42volts, reading fell intermitantly to 36 volts, found a single bad connection on string 2, why should a failed connection to one cell cause such a volt drop, looking at my circuit board welder it states 14 volts max,cables rated at 20 amps, hmmm ,thats a continuse load surely? dont like to exeed cable ratings as a rule, but 20 amp doesnt work for sure, i am going to purchase a 230 volt adjustable timer relay, 30 amp relay,footswitch and add that to my arc welder and build a power full battery spot welder https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thumb/ABQIUv6TS8cdXyvEfo6fhoy8FjyNE6ZaKeYzvOMTSV0M2XWrxeN9IsE_vL4Q6bayUeT6p5PSJ5fNCXuYdmd7EjJTHuqFekcelYGC2qe8-MLIynbddD9ybCHITSnd__c6KDYof7nUAmjAhjd2kHmi-p01zxxHFrUWTxe_SdrnXPSNNgwRxtS_H6UIjAL22-WP0wEpLpBz366_pYXjuWsAy39UFALc47pNT12zxYUmfgFyRzQ-AwWq5R8DjhsMoGoYxylaubY8ZpAf_izY0_URBvOE1DoN_AYgcJLbKZf0yKPkjwX4wWDtgKuJVI7LucOqbSO7cE_peUF0wJRvRzw2MP1Cac_4cwoX73FKuBgfV-rcHfsnRKr5MmV3KrMed1CM8a4/p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5 https://previews.dropbox.com/p/thumb/ABRFCKUKBcrgKqDZ7Oyw9LmT2sMBVEsM37AnTQUW8rcpBgvwVaKXXKdxS5hxC2E5DbPo1s1LFkGQUqZBM0FOZ0QmGWw7lmDBXfMylQ8jb_cV-6-EgjWEDfPHlTEBUhXRTniuGXkJMZbdJFNnYah-H652CLYgkOoUu0eRijxZhTwdSBzf7oUxpZFiBr5_NGGElPe7t0m-5KD_TOcDrQJnZpJIqifmK7s9AjU3d7WlZaMp4jSlxk4fq5Ob_V5Jaxufnx9UNJm-3OjHT4NQFUxIqa-yEW5JBHKBo_sR__AGpJWjkn4vngk1rQv5mVBaVrvxHLG0MHZVabdFEU1WnYjZO6nsum1h9NCjpJW9qmWgBQ_lKGqgIPICHM5GvLAQYNQSbSfC-ADYRESy5wxboy6EhwVXCp9y6PYOEECxxdZekydVIxidGtjAmwu8T_WnKDzBahw/p.jpeg?fv_content=true&size_mode=5

Back