Hard-Wiring Battery Mount into Trike?

PeteCress

1 kW
Paoli (near Philadelphia) Pennsylvania USA
Right now, my battery slides into a mount, out of which comes a 10-gauge wire.

In use, the 10-guage wire is connected to the trike system via Anderson Powerpole connectors.

The trike's system consists of a TSDZ2/OSF mid-drive and a 4-watt LED glow whip/flagpole. Eventually headlight and tail lights will be added.

The battery has a switch on it and when I get on the trike, I flip the battery switch, at which time the LED glow whip lights up - after which I turn on the TSDZ2's controller.

When it's time to charge the battery, I turn everything off, disconnect the Anderson Powerpole connector, plug it into the charger's connector, and turn the battery back on - at which time the Grin Cycle Satiator automagically starts charging.

I would like to make life simpler by replacing the Anderson Powerpoles with a simple, permanent, soldered connection and then add a connector tb used just to connect the charger to the system.

But if one were to take everything I know about electricity, roll it up into a ball, and set it on the edge of a razor blade; it would look like a golfball in the middle of the New Jersey Turnpike.

All that said, Questions:
  • Will there be a problem with that LED thingie being in the circuit and pulling it's 4 watts while charging?
  • Ditto the TSDZ2/OSF - especially if I forget to turn it off before charging?
  • Whatever the setup, is there any problem with simply turning off the battery without shutting down the TSDZ2/OSF first? e.g. it is not consideted good practice to simply unplug accomputet running Windows without gracefully shutting down Windows first...

Back