Need help with Daly settings

rg12

100 kW
Man Daly BMS is junk when it comes to the programmable version compared to ANT BMS.

So since their support barely understands the English language and just repeat my question or answer with a typical 'yes', so here I am asking you guys.

So, attached are the two screens I ran into some wandering about some of the settings in them:
diff Temp protect - does that mean that when a temperature gap larger than this setting is crossed then it cuts off? it's one thermistor, it doesn't make sense!

Sleep waiting time - now I'm used to ANT BMS where 'sleep' means that the blutooth is being turned off and that setting in ANT is 180 seconds by default and here in Daly land it's set by default to 3600 seconds (meaning one hour) which seems like alot

Also, I ran into zero explaining on how it turns on for bluetooth connectivity...
Does a charger do it? discharging for a moment like in the ANT BMS? does it turn off after 3600 seconds and sleep means blutooth sleep?

Such stupid programming, I have to input the password for seeing the different cell voltages!
I mean, I need to hand it to a customer who requested the app option but I don't want him to change the max current settings or any setting so instead of being locked I have to give him the password in order for him to see all the data.

and if that's not enough, I tried hitting the max current setting, the BMS cut power like it should but now if I want to turn the power back on I need to tell the customer to either go home and stick it in a charger OR, of course, give him the damn password so he can reset the BMS through the app.
Who knows if I need to do this hard reset every time ANY of the limitations are crossed.

Why on earth people are so stupid in Daly company, so so stupid!

Attachments

• U8a8ccfd5631c405591364d91e21898d5b.jpg
    U8a8ccfd5631c405591364d91e21898d5b.jpg
    21 KB · Views: 590
  • Ucc9455c56bf54dd1baa602e6ecb5f844W.jpg
    Ucc9455c56bf54dd1baa602e6ecb5f844W.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 589
rg12 said:
diff Temp protect - does that mean that when a temperature gap larger than this setting is crossed then it cuts off? it's one thermistor, it doesn't make sense!

app option but I don't want him to change the max current settings or any setting so instead of being locked I have to give him the password in order for him to see all the data.

and if that's not enough, I tried hitting the max current setting, the BMS cut power like it should but now if I want to turn the power back on I need to tell the customer to either go home and stick it in a charger OR, of course, give him the damn password so he can reset the BMS through the app.

I dont know why you would want to " limit" a customers battery.

Thermisters? How certain areyou that there is only " ONE" thermometer? have you checked the board? Every BMS I know of has at least two NTC thermisters... Did you check the processor pins for the AD/ Converter? It is probably " temp difference from atmosphere"... the BMS senses battery heat and compares it to the temp ((atmo)).

just cause you dont have, more than one, two lead black wire, sticking out from the BMS, only one, DOES NOT mean the bms only has ": one temp input"...

The JBD i have been selling has 3.. but only one double lead thermister for external temps. two on the board. ONe is on the MCu, and the other is on resistor banks. Third sticks out from the case for inside the battery.

As for the bluetooth turn off time.. Yea DALY sucks.

Most have a few on the board too. You can see the board? Right? Or is it in that gaudy red DALY anodized case?

Remove from case and see sensors. Track pins to a thermister.. Usually board mounted...

DogDipstick said:
rg12 said:

app option but I don't want him to change the max current settings or any setting so instead of being locked I have to give him the password in order for him to see all the data.

I dont know why you would want to " limit" a customers battery.

Thermisters? How certain areyou that there is only " ONE" thermometer? have you checked the board? Every BMS I know of has at least two NTC thermisters... Did you check the processor pins for the AD/ Converter? It is probably " temp difference from atmosphere"... the BMS senses battery heat and compares it to the temp ((atmo)).

just cause you dont have, more than one, two lead black wire, sticking out from the BMS, only one, DOES NOT mean the bms only has ": one temp input"...

The JBD i have been selling has 3.. but only one double lead thermister for external temps. two on the board. ONe is on the MCu, and the other is on resistor banks. Third sticks out from the case for inside the battery.

As for the bluetooth turn off time.. Yea DALY sucks.

Most have a few on the board too. You can see the board? Right? Or is it in that gaudy red DALY anodized case?

Remove from case and see sensors. Track pins to a thermister.. Usually board mounted...

I don't want a customer to draw more current than the pack is built for and then after butchering it will claim warranty.

It has a single thermistor output and has an internal one for sensing mosfet temp.

It makes sense to compare the thermistor temp to atmosphere temp but i don't see a logic for it when there is only a single thermistor.
Even if there is another one inside the bms to compare to, it would be always pretty hot as it's inside the bms next to mosfets and balance resistors...

I would blame the chinese but ANT BMS is also chinese and ANT is awesome :lol:

Back