Battery Failure

danmar713

10 mW
Hi Y'all! I recently put this battery together with a bms. After leaving it connected to my solar setup (campervan) for a few weeks it has sadly lowered voltage to 10.6
Any ideas as to what could of caused it. :shock:

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpg
    IMG_2159.jpg
    52.2 KB · Views: 323
  • Vanbattery.png
    Vanbattery.png
    166.3 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_2160.jpg
    IMG_2160.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 323
  • IMG_2162.jpg
    IMG_2162.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 323
When not being used, store cells cool, low SoC and 100% isolated from any electronics, especially BMS type monitoring gear.

Be physically present and closely monitoring while actively cycling.

Hillhater said:
danmar713 said:
...... After leaving it connected to my solar setup (campervan) for a few weeks it has sadly lowered voltage to 10.6 ....
Sounds like a problem with your solar charge controller ..?

That's what I was thinking. Not enough sun? Or maybe the charge parameters? I will look into this first, thank you!

john61ct said:
When not being used, store cells cool, low SoC and 100% isolated from any electronics, especially BMS type monitoring gear.

Be physically present and closely monitoring while actively cycling.

Yeah I had to travel for a conference but I will remember your tips for next time, thank you!

The pack was not getting charged AND had some kind of drain. I suggest charging it with a regular charger to bring it back up. If any cell gets below about 2v, it can be permanently damaged. You want to check the voltages with a meter and see what the solar panel is putting out.

fechter said:
The pack was not getting charged AND had some kind of drain. I suggest charging it with a regular charger to bring it back up. If any cell gets below about 2v, it can be permanently damaged. You want to check the voltages with a meter and see what the solar panel is putting out.

ROGER, it is winter and I am in NY so you could be spot on.

Back