BMS repair in melbourne (aus)?

Aussie-guy

1 mW
Hey guys,
So my shortcut welding the new charger plug on blew up in my hands (literally) a couple of months ago.
(Thankfully was wearing leather gloves so only scorched the hell out of the leather and got a free jump start to my day).
Blew the fuse on the charger and on the BMS cable (20A on the black cable to the charging port).

Big relief the bike still ran fine afterward, except now it wont charge. Im guessing ive either tripped the BMS or blown the BMS,
Any chance anyone can recommend someone or a shop that can diag and repair. Or has any ideas of things to try as I don't have the faintest idea when it comes to anything inside the battery pack.
12kw Hub, 72v42AH 20A BMS.
(I have the document from how the bms was soldered up when the battery pack was made from the manufacturer)

You could try Rev Ebikes in Nunawading if you're out that way. they've been in the custom E-bike building business for years & know their stuff.

AussieRider

Usually if you disconnect the balance lead and one battery terminal from the BMS it will reset. That completely removes power to it.

thanks for the suggestion for rev, and for the bms reset annoyingly I cant get to the BMS without pulling apart the whole pack, its one massive battery so been stressing about stuffing it up, side note do you know if the bluetooth modules for the bms allow you to reset it in cases like this?

Back