Problem with protection board

Cdub

10 mW
AliExpress 3S protection board not giving the readings I expected. Not sure if it’s working correctly. Sellers diagrams and specs in picture post. I have an extra protection board I might try to solder up since this one is not really in what I expected.
Everything reads correctly except for the P+ and P- which I believe is supposed to be the output.

P+ reads as 11.6v when probing the positive side of the battery and P- shows 12.4 v when probed from the positive side.
So both ‘’outputs’’ are negative with different voltages. Probing strait from the battery positive and negative I get 12.4 V.
Not sure how to upload a video of it

24772ebf4b0ce660125d0540fe1be869.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
488117e966943c84a95960a13687b80e.jpg

This last image is not from the sellers website but from the Internet.
9770013f3bdaabc15e08358cc57b44b4.jpg

What voltage do you read between P+ and P- terminals? Is it 0.8V, or some other value?

That's not good. If you have connected everything correctly (and it sounds like you have), then the board isn't working.

Check to make certain the B1 and B2 sense wires are in the correct order.

B1 reads 4.? V and B2 reads 8.? V as they should

If you got any extra boards, I suggest putting in another one and seeing if it works.

Solder technique needs work. Too much exposed wire. Is that copper clad aluminum wire? If you didnt already know, that stuff is horrible at making friends with solder.

Swapped out the protection board and it works flawlessly. I should’ve done that right away in the beginning. I’m glad I bought two. Trotter Bob it’s the wire I have and a cheap harbor freight soldering gun. It works.

Back