New Research on Reviving Lithium Batteries

Can we test that voltage trick at home? Do we pulse wave it using a specific volts? I can't believe that some li-ion 18650 cells are achieving 1100 cycles these days. they've risen from 450 to 1100 since 2014, so perhaps we will be at 2300 recharges soon.

"A broken clock is correct twice a day and a rigid charging routine is correct about as often." - Some guy people often Quote.

That's a joke... but it's what I experience with bulk charging.

I find that when I start my riding day that my half full cold battery does not want to charge and will resist heavily.

Then I ride for my usual half hour berserk fun and come back and the battery is warmer and charges faster.

It seems like with my pouch style cells the harder you use them the better they work... but at some point if it's 100 degrees outside and you rode the bike a lot that the "too hot" battery starts to create some other behavior which reduces it's performance that way.

And this is why I find that knowing your pack and pushing it when you can, but not pushing when you can't works better than blind routines as far as charging.

But maybe I've simply created my own self deception? This research hints my gut was right though.

Back