fake molicel cells? QR code question

endrew

10 W
Hi, I got some molicel p42a cells, and noticed that the QR code does not match the writing on the cell. I scanned the QR code on images of cells from google and they do match the writing on the cell. Does this mean the cells I got are not genuine?
Thanks!

Attachments

• qrcode.jpg
    qrcode.jpg
    94.1 KB · Views: 914
What does the QR code read out to say?

Are all the QR codes the same on all cells you got?

Is all the printing the same on all cells you got?

Is all the printing the same on all cells known to be real?

If the information after "molicel" on the same line is a batch or serial number, then I would expect the QR code to match that, and for it to be different on each batch of cells for batch numbers, and for each cell if it is a serial number.

If the cells you got all have the same info on them, and real cells don't, that would probably indicate they're not real, but that is just logic-based speculation. ;)

1 - the QR code read a different manufacturing date than the text.
2 - all QR codes are of same batch, different than text which also are of same batch

I am pretty sure these are fake...

Do you want to know tha true fake or not?
Just do a full discharge @ 30A

should output more than 4Ah if it is genuine cell..

I'd test them to see if they are at least useful, and if not, then you can replace them.

Either way I'd post the results here, along with a link to the seller page, so others can at least know who they are. Up to them if they avoid or buy.

When I scan that code I get:
0922IA0403.Z19310

Which is legit format, but definitely doesn’t match the manufacturer date code printed out on the cell.

Many of the non-legit P42A have unscannable copy and paste wrappers, all with the exact QR code.

Some more devious sellers know that we know a pair of P42A will not have fhe same code, so they actually use a QR code maker but the code it returns is nonsense.

But this one is on next level. A legitimate format but not matching the date code. How can they be so careless?

It would be curious to see if a batch from that seller has copy and paste QR codes or all different. If the thieving basTURD has a machine that can print out legit sequential QR codes, how can he be too stupid to set the printed out code wrong? I mean every cell in the batch has exactly the same date code.

I got my P42A cells in today and they all scan correctly, different serial numbers but same date code. And bought from the only authorized distributor in Asia.

Im testing the cell now to see if it matches Mooch tests, and compare it to my test of non-legit QR code cells I got.

Back