Connecting this battery to controller.

Jeffclark151

1 µW
Question about how to hookup the controller side of an old lithium battery. I’ve never seen one like this. I was able to get the charging side changed to xt60 but not sure how to hookup the outage side. It has a red and black power wires and has a blue and white wires with a connector. Then it has another red and black wire. My question is where do these other wires hookup to. Here is a pic of the battery and wiring. Thanks very much. I’ve never seen one like this before. C59AEC3A-C0CD-46A2-BAF2-B1A54EF2CAE7.jpeg04D64451-F12D-42DB-A6A0-D809C06BBB5A.jpegView attachment 160E64410-D3EC-4065-B41C-00FABC46AF30.jpeg

What's it out of? What controller did it connect to before? Proprietary system?

Doing the repair for my local bike shop. So I only have the battery. I plan on picking up the entire bike this week. I will post the info then. It may be a proprietary system.

So...before you do anything with it, you may want to question why there are cut wires in it, like the large-gauge red wire that's heatshrunk around the coil/core. (it's probably the main discharge wire, with the choke to prevent voltage spikes from the controller system, which may be brushed).

If someone else has been in there before you, you'd want to test the entire thing, including under the loads it was intended to handle, before setting it up to be used on a bike--otherwise it could just be a fire waiting to happen.

Hopefully the electrical tape is from whoever worked on it before, and you're going to correct that to a permanent insulation fix. (or it is a temporary insulation you're using during testing). ;)

I'm assuming that you didn't cut the wires, or you wouldn't be asking how to hook them up. ;)

Note that sometimes people cut wires on packs that are damaged, so they can't be used and potentially cause a fire. I myself wouldn't ever want to fix one of those for someone else and be responsible for the results....

Back