24 vdc-36 vdc-48vdc batterys

2FAST4ME

10 µW
Hi I'm new here and to the electric world only have 1 question;
I work in RPM's if I take a electric motor that runs at 4600 rpm's and I only need 3850 rpm's running a 36 vdc would my motor run less on rpm's more to the 3850 I need or maybe a 24 vdc battery

Well I can't really say yet, I'm working on a prototype and don't have the patient yet, my partner won't let say, I would and will share it when the patient gets here I'll share it with the world, right now still in research and development, I have the electric motor it puts out 4600 rpm's and all I need is 3850 rpm's to make this work, I know I could size the pulleys a bit and get my mark.?

Permanent magnet DC motors have RPM that varies with load. If some other part of the system doesn't restrict their output, typically you'll get peak efficiency at around 80% of the unloaded RPM, and peak power at about 50% (with lower efficiency).

So you need to know not only the motor's unloaded RPM, but also the load you expect to put on it. It would be useful to find an output graph for the motor you have in mind, so you can correlate a motor RPM to a wattage level.

Most batteries discharge through a voltage range of at least 25% of their fully charged voltage, so if you depend on battery voltage to set motor RPM, you'll have to tolerate up to that much variation in operating speed.

I think I understand what your saying and yes I'll find out those things today, I'm stopping by the place I brought the motor, and looking at batterys, I'm also going to look at a smaller motor as far as rpm's as well, thank you for the info, WOW I like this site.

Thank you for all the advice, I'm going to go with the 48 vdc battery it asks for, and use a bigger serpentine pulley to get my rpm's down to the spec I'm looking for..that should be ok, and or a speed controller.

Depending on the motor type, you may need a speed controller just to make it run. With a speed controller, you can lower the speed to anywhere you want, down to zero. At partial throttle, the motor will pull less from the battery.

Back