How much do '13-'16 Ford hybrid cells weigh?

strantor

100 W
I'm considering buying the battery out of a local wrecked 2014 Ford Fusion Hybrid (not Energi) to power a golf cart. I believe these same 5AH Li-Ion cells are used in the C-max (not Energi) and (maybe) Honda Insight. I can't seem to find a good source of data on them. I've pieced together a decent picture of their specs from bits gathered here and there, but I'm still not sure on the weight of the cells.

I have found indicators that they might be either 9oz/255g or 1.5lbs/680g but neither of those values make sense to me. There are 76 cells in the pack and if they only weigh 9oz/255g each then the cells themselves (43lbs/19.5kg) only account for like 1/3 the weight of the battery module, while if they're 1.5lbs/680g each then they account for 85% of battery module weight but then their capacity:weight is no better than lead-acid.

I'm leaning toward 9oz/255g as the more accurate indicator but wanted to check if anyone here has better data, or has one they can throw on a scale.

Thanks!

Tho ones I have are in the general range of 1.5 lbs, but they're 25 amp-hours nominal.

Chalo said:
Tho ones I have are in the general range of 1.5 lbs, but they're 25 amp-hours nominal.

Thanks,
Yeah I think those are ones they put in the Plug-in hybrids (Energi). I found some listings for those cells and they also said 1.5lbs. The ones I'm looking at are just the regular non-plug-in cells and are visibly smaller. Wherever I read 1.5lbs I must have been looking at the Energi cells before I realized there was a difference.

Anyway, I think I've talked myself out of using the (regular, non-plug-in) hybrid battery cells unless I can find them for <$1.50 each

Back