Balancing Nissan Leaf pack Xiaoxiang BMS

jai134

100 W
My Xiaoxiang 6S-22S BMS does not balance my Nissan Leaf battery pack. It's a 14S pack, 4.2V per cell and 58.8V fully charged. My charger cuts out at (I think) at 57.9.
My problem is that my motor does not turn and only occasionally I have continuity thru the BMS (yes, occasionally, it seems to be "charged" when I use my DMM and checks continuity and voltage) and three times the rear wheel has moved a little. Then continuity is gone and voltage is very low if I measure from battery- and controller+.

I think that the big difference between the cells, 0.2V, is what's causing this. I think that the BMS cuts out because of the big difference. The BMS does balance but only those that are high already, not the ones that are lower. It did balance 11-14Screenshot_20220813-201124_XiaoXiangElectric.jpg

Get a flashlight or rear car brake light blub and drain cells 13 and 14. To 4.0v . Drain 11 and 12 also. I wonder if one brake bulb can drain all 4 or melt down it will get hot.
I have that bms and that screen app it works. But don't know how to change things.

Most BMS's only balance when the battery is charging. The programmable Xiaoxiang BMS's that I've used in the past allow me to configure whether balance is only enabled during charge, or all the time. I use charge-only balancing as a default, as the BMS tends to "chase" the balance and can drain quite a bit of energy trying to balance a pack to the requested parameters.

Additionally, some BMS's only start balancing at 4.15V per cell and above. This, again, is configurable if you have a programmable BMS.

Anyway - you could try charging the battery and see if the pack will balance.

999zip999 said:
Get a flashlight or rear car brake light blub and drain cells 13 and 14. To 4.0v . Drain 11 and 12 also. I wonder if one brake bulb can drain all 4 or melt down it will get hot.
I have that bms and that screen app it works. But don't know how to change things.
I will try this!

I think it is set to start balancing at 3.6V.

What's the parameter called that tells it to balance all the time? I could use it for a start, perhaps.
Edit! Found it. "Charge Balance"

999zip999 said:
There is another app, administration app, no 3.1.1026.apk. With that one you can change a lot of things. Here's a link to my drive: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-EcYUg1GmBIIBxAwm5UN-E8DIF2Nwthe/view?usp=drivesdk

Back