How to calculate what battery can take from controller?

E-driver_

1 kW
So if I have six cells in parallell that are 3,7 volts and 3400 MaH. I make a 48volt batteries 13series.

How do I calculate how much this battery can handle in max current from the controller?

So for example some controllers are at 40max current, others at 35 max current.

How do I calculate what my battery in this example can handle?

Do you know the exact model of cells in there? Different cells are rated to deliver different amounts of current.
For 18650 size cells, 3.4 Amp hours per cell falls under the high capacity end of the spectrum, which usually can deliver fewer amps than the high power category.

I'd say 30 amp controller max, which divided by 6 cells in parallel means each cell will be delivering 5 amps. If you have any means to monitor the electronics in real time, such as this power meter, you'll probably see around 5 volts of droop under load. 54.6 volts at full charge will droop to 49 volts under full throttle with a 30 amp controller is my guess.

E-driver_ said:
So if I have six cells in parallell that are 3,7 volts and 3400 MaH. I make a 48volt batteries 13series.

How do I calculate how much this battery can handle in max current from the controller?

You'd need to look at the spec sheet for the specific model and brand of cell you're going to use, to get it's ratings for current under the specific conditions you'll use it under. Then multiply that by the six in parallel. That will give you all of the current ratings you would need.

If the cell you will use does not have this information available (from the manufacturer, not just the seller, since most sellers can't be trusted to provide correct information), don't use that cell (because you can't know what it is capable of, unless you test some yourself extensively enough to characterize what they'll do over their lifespan without damaging them).

Back