BMS and charger from ecitypower

Hi everybody

I ordered a new 100A 16S capacity BMS and a 1000W 48V charger from ecitypower and, about one month after, I received it.
Thats perfect except ... I don't have any schematics or informations to connect BMS !
So I was wondering about all informations for this .
If you have and could give me them (of course I asked Jack Du for this but it would be shorter for me)

Thanks

I purchased a 48V BMS from ecity and received no documentation with the shipment, but was emailed instructions and a connection diagram within a day of requesting one. Have you asked ecity to send instructions to you?
Eric

Hello Eric

I haven't any instructions emailed.
Of course I asked for this but I'm afraid it takes some days more to have them and I haven't many time ... so if you can send me what you have I would be very happy, even if it's not exactly the same model.

Sure thing.
This was for their 16 series BMS. I hope it can help with the labels they used on your 100A version.

Please keep the order below to install(It is very important to install in sequence!).
1. B- to battery pack- with a big copper wire.
2. C- to charger- with a big copper wire.
3. Cell1 negative have connected to B- by step1.
4. #1 to cell2 negative(same position cell1 positive)
5. #2 to cell3 negative.
6. ...
7. #15 to cell16 negative.
8. #16 to cell16 positive.
9. Battery pack+ is output of whole battery pack and charger positive. Charger negative is Con
BMS board.
10. The whole battery pack negative output is P- on BMS board.
Note: The output is battery pack positive(on battery cells) and P-(on BMS Board).
The input(charging) is battery positive(on battery cells) and C-(on BMS Board)
#1-#15 should be wired to cells #2(negative) to cells #16(negative).
#16 should be wired to cell #16 positive.
BMS-16S-80A .jpg

Eric

orpheus, if this is really not obvious to you, you need to take some time. not sure why they have that resistor in the picture, i assume that is the load. the C- lead does not have to be as large as the other wires, but if you are using 100A you need huge conductors already, 10AWG minumum, 6-8AWG would be best.

the C- lead and the other charging lead to the positive terminal of the battery can be 18AWG since that is just the charger current.

do you already have a battery pack built? wire the sense wires to the pack and check voltage on each pin in the plug sequentially so you know the order and then go confirm by looking at the circuitry that you are connecting the hi side of the battery to the hi side of the BMS.

do this before you ever plug the sense wires into the BMS. there is no second chance. one mistake will ruin the entire thing, shorting out the leads will ruin it. this is a hi skills double check project.

Ok

Perhaps I would have to be more clear with my poor english

I have this BMS (four PCB separated in two parts)

You can see the cells (0-16) connections but that's not what I'm looking for, I'm wondering about empty connectors or pins.
Have you any informations about this ? probably I don't need more of them but there is just a 9 wires connector who connect the big 2 PCBs to the small 2 PCB one and, in this connector, no big wires who could give power.
So, to try to explain as I can, I have cells who are connected to 2 PCBs without powerfull components and, after, this is connected to powerfull PCB without any big wire but just small 9 pins connector.
Too strange for me ........................ :(

Please note that's not a resistive classic system but a capacitive one. Before this I was using a TpPacks BMS but I found I had too many problems with (one transistor here, one other here) so I decided to buy a powerfull one.
My blog for this:
http://www.motoelectrique.unblog.fr (sorry, in french for this part)

Your the first person I know on the forum who's bought the energy transfer BMS. I'm really interested in finding out how well they work. Important things to me would be LVC, HVC and balancing ability. Please keep us informed.

Back