Alliance Renewable Energy, Inc cells and custom packs

Lock

100 MW
http://www.alliancerenewableenergy.com/main.sc

I only see two hits on ES for these folks both side references in other threads, so just wish to highlight these are the same folks behind Lightning Motorcycle (aka Flying Banana):
http://www.lightningmotorcycle.com/Home.html

While current product offerings include the elithion BMS and cells from Sky Energy and Thundersky they also offer to build custom packs:
Lightning Nano High Power 26650 cells and fully assembled packs. We can build packs with BMS from 1KWH to over 200KWH. Email us the external dimensions and the nominal voltage desired and we will configure a high power pack to your specifications. Price quoted is for a single cell. Price for packs is based on final specifications.
Price : $6.00

I don't see specs for their 26650 cells online but they add on their home page:
Battery modules built to your specification using high power 26650 cells with over 30C capability. Packs are built with BMS and case installed. We can engineer a pack to your specs.

Given the Lightning pedigree I would expect their bespoke packs to be first rate and priced accordingly.
Tks
LocK

Good to hear that LOCK.

I recently purchased 9K worth of Thundersky 400 AH from Alliance Reneable Energy. It is on the slow boat from China 8-9 weeks shipping. I am using the Thunderskies on a 4 wheel drive tractor project for work. I have also bought 2.6K worth of thundersky from Elite a few years back to do my Honda dirt bike-which worked out very well- Alliance had the best pricing now so I went with them after doing some due dilligence on them.

Well, here it is January 21st and NO batteries yet!

Has any one else ordered Thundersky batteries through Alliance Renewable Energy in the last few month?

I have gotten through to Richard Hatfield once after half a dozen phone attempts and he stated "let me make a phone call and I'll get back to you" well a couple of days later and no return phone call. I am still unable to get anything other than an answering machine at his phone number and no response from Emails.

I would caution anyone considering making a purchase through Alliance Renewable Energy to wait and see how this all plays out before sending advance payment for batteries.

Sorry to hear this lifpo4honda... I did not mean to give them any sort of endorsement with my post. Don't know `em and have never dealt with them myself. Just wished to dump the info into ES in case they are a good source. I just sent them the link to this thread :twisted:

LOcK

In those kind of quantities, waiting on the slow boat from China is crap unless you're dealing directly with the factory yourself, which is exactly what I would do. If you have to fund someone else's purchase of inventory, then they are not a substantial enough company to trust with that kind of money.

I can't wait until lithium batteries become available from real companies with real inventory and multiple shipments in route at all times, so you can just go and buy your batteries, or for very popular stuff that's out of stock, put up a small deposit to secure your order arriving soon.

Lifpo4honda,
A visit in person is warranted asap. There are too many battery horror stories around, and not returning calls is a huge red flag.

Lock said:
http://www.alliancerenewableenergy.com/main.sc

While current product offerings include the elithion BMS and cells from Sky Energy and Thundersky they also offer to build custom packs:
Lightning Nano High Power 26650 cells and fully assembled packs. We can build packs with BMS from 1KWH to over 200KWH. Email us the external dimensions and the nominal voltage desired and we will configure a high power pack to your specifications. Price quoted is for a single cell. Price for packs is based on final specifications.
Price : $6.00

I don't see specs for their 26650 cells online but they add on their home page:
Battery modules built to your specification using high power 26650 cells with over 30C capability. Packs are built with BMS and case installed. We can engineer a pack to your specs.

Heres the picture of one of their custom 26650 'Nanotech' LiFePO4 packs.
Small%20Cylinder%20pack.jpg

Heres a pic of recent batch A123 M1 cells (green shrinkwrap)
A123_26650_Battery_Cell_ANR26650M1A_2300mAh.jpg

....Nothing secret about their source

I read your post and found it really hard to find any info on Alliance Renewable Energy online. I have had a similar experience with them and it is frustrating. Have you yet received your cells? I have another 6 weeks or so before mine are supposed to be here.
My pack is for my 86 Honda VF700, what are you pumping electrons through?

Good luck.

Back