Help w/changing "HighPower Phylion" charger t work w/LiFePO4

sangesf

10 kW
So I bought this charger and am able to use it for my lifepo4 battery (36v) however it's high end voltage is only 41.8.
For my 12s LiFePO4 that just won't do.
I did open it up and see three pots..
Anyone know if these can be used to change the output voltage and/or amperage?
Would like to be able to change it to 44.4 CV / ??CC

Model# is HP8204C

turn one of the pots until the voltage reaches the voltage you like. if that doesn't work, adjust another one, and if that doesn't work adjust the third one. if none of that works then you can post up a picture instead.

I'm afraid of just turning pots, that why I asked if someone has tried that yet.
I'm unaware if turning one of them will damage the unit or not.
I can't upload a pic, because I only have an iPhone.
But there are 3 pots..
2 on one daughtercard and one on another one.

Since obviously no one knows about these..
Does anyone have a phone number or email address that I can contact the manufacturer about the adjustability of their charger?

googled it.. http://elite-hk.diytrade.com/sdp/334944/4/pd-1460705/6266082.html

those are quite common, the " Hi-Power " brand chargers....

If you touch the pots, mark them before you change anything so you can set them back to the original point.

One is likely amp limit, other high voltage cutoff, one could be the point at wich the unit goes into Constant Voltage stage... .. i have a few of them for nicad and the one that comes with the eZee phylion packs.... never messed with it tho.

I would try dnum's advice. If turning the pots would damage the charger there probably wouldn't be pots there in the first place. Make very small adjustments and see what happens to the voltage and only change one thing at a time. Take a picture of what the pots look like before you change anything. I doubt that even if you were able to get a hold of the manufacturer they would tell you how to change the output.

I totally agree, put a voltmeter on it if it will output without a battery on it. Then turn 1 pot 1/2 turn. if nothing happens try another after putting the first pot back like it was. When you find one that adjusts voltage, then set to your liking.

I actually played with one of the pots and got lucky that it's the voltage one.
Even if the CC/CV pots is at the same level as normal, it shouldn't hurt my batt/BMS.
it works perfectly.. My cells NOW balance to 3.65 each EXACTLY!

Thanks for the help guys!
(P.S. The afternoon after I finally changed that charger, my new LiFePo4 charger came in. LOL)

Anyone want to by a Phylion charger for 10s li-ion battery and a Phylion charger set for 12s LiFe?

Hi,

i have the same problem i´ve changeg the f... LION with high impandance to
a real GOOD LIFEPO4 and want also to know:

WICH POTENTIOMETER DID YOU TURN????

Nice regards from Germany
Stefan

Sorry about the late response. I think there are plenty of these chargers around, I just found one in my shed down the back from years ago and thought I'd try to "up" the volts a bit as an opportunity charger for a friends 12s li-poly. Either that or chuck it out.
It's the bottom potentiometer Stefan, it was marked VR03. If you turn it to the left it turns the volts up, careful, cause its aweful sensitive.View attachment 2
Cheers.

when you are done turning the screws and get it right put a little glue on it to keep it from moving. No I don't know the best glue, but something that sets hard, but when you turn it it would brake off. And that will not melt. What potting glue ?

Just a small update regarding this particular (36v) charger...
The left side POT changes the voltage from ~39.2v to ~44.2v.
That's what everyone knows..

The top right POT, I found out, varies the final CC/CV mode from 180mA (.18a) to 220mA (.22a).

Interestingly enough, The bottom right POT varies the max Amp out from 1.8a to 2.2a
(anyone else see, what I found to be interesting)?

Ok, this is an antique thread but ended up here googling for adjusting the pots / potentiometers on a High Power High-Power HP8204C charger ( writing it like that for future google search results.. f'n creative name for a brand but annoying as hell when searching for tech info instead of sales leads.. )

So the 3 pots.. as described in the above post but only weird thing, i have a CA plugged in to monitor the charging of a few LiGo packs and the charger's output sweeps from 1.4 amps to 2.4 amps while in bulk charge phase... not exactly Constant Current huh.. not sure if this is be design, or because i foolishly played with the pots and did not mark them prior.

Gonna work just fine to charge the packs but throwing that out there if anyone happens to know more about these.

Back