A123rc.com... safe to buy from?

Hey, someone mentioned to me that they sell 15Ah A123's, just wondering if anyone has actually bought from them and what your experience was like buying from them?

I have to buy 1, maybe more, 15Ah cells, so I just want to get your guys take on them.

Thanks

Seth

Anyone?

Perhaps it would help for you to say who this "someone" is. Unless u posted a link my blackberry doesn't show I don't see who it is you're talking about.

Edit
Nvrm I see you have it in the title. I'm pretty sure some here have bought from them with good results but I'm not 100% on that.

A better question would be why are you looking to just purchase 1 or 2 cells. Mixing cells from dif manufacturers is a bad idea. Those cells will pretty much always discharge at different rates then the rest of the pack. This in the long term can cause balance issues and puts stress on the cells. Some don't even like mixing cells from different production runs because variances in manufacturing can also cause problems to some degree.

I bought a couple of 20 Ah A123 pouch cells, some M1 cells, and some 18650 cells to test. All arrived as described and since they take paypal, I felt protected from fraud. Ok in my book.

I haven't bought from them personally, but a friend told me they had and that they are a good seller - product is genuine and arrived well packed. In fact the friend recommended them to me. I have also seen the product with my own eyes, and it is genuine. That is as good as a thumbs up as I can give without personally having bought from them.

In fact if I hadn't just bought a ton of Lipo, I was going to buy some A123 from them, and they are my intended next source for batteries.

Cheers, Phil.

is the site down now because it does not exist for me

Back