Speedict neptune lite

cwah

100 MW
Hello,

I received the speedict neptune lite recently and to use it, it needs the app on google play store "speedict neptune lite".

I can't find it in the store but can find the other speedict products (mercury, venus, etc)

Any idea how I can get it?

Thank you

Neptune Lite 1.0.1 update available on play store now !

Version 1.0.1

1. redesign Dashboard, Data View and Cell Details page in Landscape mode.
2. bug fix over size font on high density display such as Samsung S6.

Attachments

• DASHBOARD_L.png
    DASHBOARD_L.png
    18.2 KB · Views: 6,602
  • DATAVIEW_L.png
    DATAVIEW_L.png
    17.5 KB · Views: 6,602
  • CELLDETAILS_L.png
    CELLDETAILS_L.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 6,602
I've been using it for 2 months now, almost daily.

I'm currently using it as BMS as my cells are very very stable. It does work VERY well and is VERY useful. I now know that my battery pack is healthy and safe for very little amount of money.

Recommended and kudos thanks for the product:
http://www.speedict.com/

I don't usually recommend products, but when I find one that is cheap, reliable and extremely useful. I can only promote it to the community.

My only problem now is... I want to expend it to 20s and it's up to 15s max... damn it. :lol: It's good for 48v pack but not yet for higher voltage. If your pack is lower than 48V... go for it! I haven't found anything better at this price range in the market!

Any plans for iOS version of software?

Do you know what the current drain on the batteries is and whether it is balanced?

fechter said:
Any plans for iOS version of software?

we don't have iOS plan, we rather focus client on Android smart watch.

fechter said:
Do you know what the current drain on the batteries

it has no current measurement

fechter said:
is and whether it is balanced?

it tells individual cell voltage delta among others, we can consider your idea on next upgrade for customer can define cell delta to alert whether battery pack is BALANCED !

Does it have balancing function? (it says balancing on demand)
Can 2 of them be connected in series and communicate or be shown and governed on phone at once? (24s pack as example)
Will there be any serious documentation to describe what it can do, parameters and instructions available?

parabellum said:
Does it have balancing function? (it says balancing on demand)

Neptune Lite has no cell balancing function.

parabellum said:
Can 2 of them be connected in series and communicate or be shown and governed on phone at once? (24s pack as example)
Will there be any serious documentation to describe what it can do, parameters and instructions available?

It is standalone can not be stacked for more than 15 cells support.

We are ranking the below models with different configurations and features for next product release ... your comments and suggestions are welcome :)

Model 1 : only cell monitoring, fixed 10 - 15 cells, no cell balancing, no charge discharge control
Model 2 : cell monitoring fixed 10 - 15 cells with cell balancing, no charge discharge control
model 3 : bms features, fixed 10 - 15 cells, with cell balancing, with charge discharge controls
model 4 : only cell monitoring, fixed 12 - 32 cells, no cell balancing, no charge discharge control
model 5 : only cell monitoring fixed 12 - 32 cells with cell balancing, no charge discharge control
model 6 : bms features, fixed 12 - 32 cells with cell balancing, with charge discharge controls

Hello, choicr is difficult without price, time to market and size.
If model 4,5 and 6 are about same size, time to release and price I'd say model 6 obviously ;)

But if 5 can be significantly cheaper and faster to release then 5 is favourites. Same for model 4 ;)

cwah said:
Hello, choicr is difficult without price, time to market and size.
If model 4,5 and 6 are about same size, time to release and price I'd say model 6 obviously ;)

But if 5 can be significantly cheaper and faster to release then 5 is favourites. Same for model 4 ;)

Thanks for your comments and that's we want to collect.

Now the model 1 is released, model 3 is soon to be released if we follow the footstep the after next project would be model 4 or 5.

For the maximum cell number support we do concern the size rather than its complicity because the board width at lease 8cm for 32s connector :(

How is power supplied to the unit? Does it drain particular cell group, leading to unbalanced pack? If yes N4 is not interesting. If it drains the pack evenly then N4 is the most interesting option for me personally.
Size is mostly not a big issue with 20lbs battery on board. :D

parabellum said:
How is power supplied to the unit? Does it drain particular cell group, leading to unbalanced pack?

No, it take power from top cell.

parabellum said:
If yes N4 is not interesting. If it drains the pack evenly then N4 is the most interesting option for me personally.
Size is mostly not a big issue with 20lbs battery on board. :D

N4 ? do you mean Model 4 ? you don't need cell balance ? and don't need charge discharge control / protection ?

parabellum said:
speedict said:
N4 ? do you mean Model 4 ? you don't need cell balance ? and don't need charge discharge control / protection ?
Yes, model 4, I would save on balancing and charge discharge control unless price difference is insignificant.

how if maximum cell support set to 24 cells ? because of market and size consideration.

speedict said:
parabellum said:
speedict said:
Yes, model 4, I would save on balancing and charge discharge control unless price difference is insignificant.

how if maximum cell support set to 24 cells ? because of market and size consideration.
Usually it is controller related, most popular MosFets in DIY segment are 75V,100V and 150V and Caps go 63V, 100V and 200 (I believe), so the limits are set below those values. I have 5 controllers working on IRFb 4110 which are limited to 100V or 24S and 1 controller on IRFb 4115 limited to 150v by its nature about 36S. Some of us take BEMF in account and do not push the limits, I personally do.

parabellum said:
Usually it is controller related, most popular MosFets in DIY segment are 75V,100V and 150V and Caps go 63V, 100V and 200 (I believe), so the limits are set below those values. I have 5 controllers working on IRFb 4110 which are limited to 100V or 24S and 1 controller on IRFb 4115 limited to 150v by its nature about 36S. Some of us take BEMF in account and do not push the limits, I personally do.

thanks for your information :)

Yes, if model 4 can be released significantly faster (and much cheaper) than model 5, I'd buy it without hesitation.

As far as I know, there are no equivalent product in the market. I'd like to upgrade my battery to 20s and I'm for now limited to 15s which is (really) annoying. I'm not wanting to buy market BMS because I don't trust them either.

So I may go back to the old school Cell-log.... :lol:

Please release model 4 or 5 quickly and I'd get one ;)

cwah said:
Yes, if model 4 can be released significantly faster (and much cheaper) than model 5, I'd buy it without hesitation.

As far as I know, there are no equivalent product in the market. I'd like to upgrade my battery to 20s and I'm for now limited to 15s which is (really) annoying. I'm not wanting to buy market BMS because I don't trust them either.

So I may go back to the old school Cell-log.... :lol:

Please release model 4 or 5 quickly and I'd get one ;)

yes, will re-arrange model 4 or 5 to higher priority :)

Hello Speedict!
I would also be interested in a 24S Model #4
My pack has 20S and I believeyou will cover 99% of the market with a 24S model - there are very few users with 32S,
and they will usually buy a complete BMS for Charge/Discharge etc.
The users that are interested in Mobile-Phone connectivity are typically not the ones with more than 24S - this just makes it very big and expensive.
Let me know when it is available!

Cheers, Ulli

Danny, you need to drop your plan on your 15s BMS...

We're all looking for the model 4 ASAP :mrgreen:

Market is here, with money waiting to give it to you. Make it happen while there is no competition!

Back