Bionx 24v Li discharge port, voltage question

Ypedal

Staff member
Hi guys.

Local bike shop asked me to drop in and check a few Bionx bikes with issues ( season start lol )..

On an older 24v Lithium ( 250w system, white display ) the charge port shows 28v so the pack is charged up... however the system will not start ... when i check the voltage at the discharge port i get nothing..

I opened it up and had a loook, the BMS has a 30 amp fuse on it, it's ok..

Question is this, should there be voltage at the discharge port when the pack is not hooked up to it's cradle/display/system ?

Ypedal said:
Hi guys.

Local bike shop asked me to drop in and check a few Bionx bikes with issues ( season start lol )..

On an older 24v Lithium ( 250w system, white display ) the charge port shows 28v so the pack is charged up... however the system will not start ... when i check the voltage at the discharge port i get nothing..

I opened it up and had a loook, the BMS has a 30 amp fuse on it, it's ok..

Question is this, should there be voltage at the discharge port when the pack is not hooked up to it's cradle/display/system ?

I am not sore however you might have voltage be be unable to support any load as it might be a floating voltage (bms mosfet not ON but current leak thru resistors...

if you put load on teh 28V out do you get any current?

Doc

You shouldn't see voltage on the output pins with the pack sitting idle.

Short, I think, pin 3 and the nearest large pin. The pack should power on. If it beeps at you a few times, it's almost certainly good.

Not sure if that brings voltage on the discharge pins or not, and my packs are currently packed. :/ Just moved.

Back