Good 14s R/C charger?

Allex

100 MW
Do we have any good out there? I need the functionality like in any ichargers out there but with the ability to charge up to 14s batteries.
What can you recommend?
Is Graupner Polaron Pro someting to look at or are they overpriced - I dont need touch screen.
I sometimes need to wake up half dead cells and right now, using Hyperion charger is very annoying, if a cell is below 2V it refuses to charge it so I need to switch over to Ni-Mh, charge it up to 2.5V and then switch back to li-ion program.
Do we have chargers that does not care about this?

I've never seen a 14s- capable RC charger, but it looks like you found one from Graupner. Most would say they are overpriced, but Graupner and Hyperion are the Mercedes and Maybach of the RC world, whether you think they are worth the money is up to you.

Yeah most of them are 6s or sometimes up to 8 or even 10s
But here are the ones that can do 14s - what I found:

-Graupner Polaron Pro
-for up to 14S

-Robbe Futaba E-1, or Eternity
-for up to 14S

-Schulze 14-801
-for up to 14S

TP1430C
-for up to 14S

Allex said:
I sometimes need to wake up half dead cells and right now, using Hyperion charger is very annoying, if a cell is below 2V it refuses to charge it so I need to switch over to Ni-Mh, charge it up to 2.5V and then switch back to li-ion program.
Do we have chargers that does not care about this?

All "intelligent" chargers I have came across over the years, (altho only the hyperion capable of 14s), have been picky about low voltage charging.
Every time I either had to use nimh settings as you mentioned, or use a "dumb" lion charger.
Would a 1cell dumb charger be a hassle to use? Its pretty much "plug and play".

Back