Multiple batteries?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skinny420

10 µW
I have a 48v 12ah lifepo4 pack. It has BMS and I want to connect it to another one. So if I am correct I need another 48v lifepo4 pack with the same cell count. But does the ah rating matter? Problem is my pack cuts out at 15a and I want more power. Should have bought a better battery to begin with but....I would just buy the identicle battery and hook it up but would it be OK to bump it up to a better battery. I like the idea of 2 batteries. Faster charging and if I crash or a battery fails I could limp home on 1 battery. What's the best. Just exact same battery hooked parallel? Also if I got them to exact same voltage, hooked them up, my pack now allows me to charge when its still hooked up so if they were wired together could I charge them like that? With one charger? Would I need a charger for double the cell count? Sorry for all the questions but the more I search the more I confuse myself or get sidetracked in other threads.

Nobody can help me? I need to order a battery soon and not trying to mess this up again.

some BMS can handle it, while others can not, without telling is EXACTLY what battery model, brand, etc you have, this question will remain unanswered.

Specifics matter.

search " BMS in parallel "

quick random example
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=74952

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back