Best Charger for me please

vk4bxi

1 W
Hi I've just scored a bunch of "dud" 18 volt 5Ah Milwaukee power packs. The next thing for me is check the cells out prior to making up new packs of useful sizes . I have all of the usual power supplies with current limit etc. But what I need is a charge/discharge unit that will shut off at the correct voltage and tell me the Amp hours that it took. Please what is out there that will do this and won't die in a couple of weeks and is not gold plated.

Bob

Personal fav... Icharger 3010B

I have had a whole slew of them, turnigy labeled, hyperion, thunder power... thunder(ripoff) .. etc.....

After spending a mint, trying shit... ended up with two 3010b's and i love them.

For anything other than RC use and cell testing/pack assembly... a cycle satiator is the one to get for every day use.

yes icharger. they have several high-power discharge options

1) internal. limited by the heat dissipation of the internal fan so quite low

2) regen discharge. instead of burning off the heat it sends the juice back into a large lead-acid

3) discharge+ mode. external inline resistor allows big power

Overclocker said:
yes icharger. they have several high-power discharge options

1) internal. limited by the heat dissipation of the internal fan so quite low

2) regen discharge. instead of burning off the heat it sends the juice back into a large lead-acid

3) discharge+ mode. external inline resistor allows big power

I believe #3 can be a problem? IIRC, LFP (Luke) discovered that mode might destroy the charger?

I've always refrained from that function even though I have some low Ohm serious power resistors that would work as described in iCharger manual.

But I usually monitor/log using a completely separate external load.

Found it - https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=24838&p=359898&hilit=icharger#p359898

https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=25269&p=368673&hilit=icharger#p368673

Search - "icharger" in Luke’s post history.

Back