AliExpress battery sellers ?

paulstung

100 W
Morning all, I'm looking into buying the largest 52v battery pack I can afford from AliExpress but has anyone got any idea of any reputable sellers on the site? I would use the best of the best EM3EV, but for a 26.5Ah pack I'm looking at a grand and thats a little bit rich for me,I'm wanting to upgrade from my 48v 13.6 Ah pack on my BBSHD, thanks guys.

It's a crap shoot. But a very tempting one, since you can get a larger pack pretty cheap.

The 48v 20 ah I bought lived up to all my expectations. It under delivered capacity by about 20% after six months, but stopped getting much worse since then. It always sagged like mad, but I can live with it on a 22 amps controller. It still balances ok. I've had it almost 2 years.

I got what I paid for, but it did not crap out in one season. Came shipped illegally of course, so I'm grateful that the plane it was flown to me on did not burn.

One way is to ask which cell they using.
There are few well known brands and all others are pretty crap.
For me i dont trust any Chinese made ebike battery.

Those sellers are probably opportunists that live near the shanghai market and know cheap battery sellers on the huge technology markets they have over there.

What that means is that you are buying from a middle man who is pretty sure what he is getting but not always, and will try to ship it to you through dodgy means and evade import controls.

My seller had various double posts because after one month the cheap version was stopped in customs or not bothered sending because Ali-Express can't even process cards reliably, and he would send another pack... or something.

I would recommend it if you are a cheapscate, but you have to open the battery, check:

wire diameters are thick enough to not melt on your ebike
battery is indeed LG/Samsung, they sell cheaper lower density 2100 which probably have very high output
test that the pack is putting out as many amp hours as you want.

A lot of the positive votes on a seller are from people that don't even have an ammeter to check they supplied battery, they dont even look if they got what they asked.

photograph everything very carefully, and if you are not happy with your pack get 1/2 or more of your money back, pay him what he probably got it for which is 1 dollar a battery plus mftr plus postage, or 3 dollar for a samsung/LG cells.

Ali Express will give you loads of money back if you ask.

If a seller has high rating,

Thanks guys, exactly what I thought to be honest, the one thing I know about is what cells are what, due to using 18650's for the past 4 years for vaping, with Sony, LG, Samsung, Panasonic, and a couple of others, with the majority being re wraps, but I'm still finding £1000, for what I'm looking for being hard to swallow, but I might just have to, either that or just build a pack, with cells from nkon.nl, but some more research is needed before going down that route.

EM3ev best, budget and never a miss for me on aliexpress unit pack power. You need to tell them what you want.

If you want cheap capacity check out the Multistar packs from Hobbyking. The usual caveats about RC lipo apply, but they are cheap.

You got to love the ads that say has Tesla like cells.
What cell ? A like cell oh you mean a 18650 cell ? Which one ? Never heard of that like cell. Cheap generic junk.

Thanks guys, exactly what I was expecting, as far as 18650 cells go I'm pretty up on those as I vape, and need to understand Ohms law, and about brand's and rewraps, so I'm OK on that front. I've been looking into the HK, packs, I'm still unsure. And I'm based in Magor, South Wales, thanks all, you've given me more to think about.

I love my Multistar Lipo....32Ah 44.4V-------£320.
32Ah 51.8V-------£360.
So thats 64Ah for £680 and then £60 for a pair of balance chargers and £64 for a pair of Meanwell NES 350-48 for bulk charging and I can ride my BBSHD all day long.

On the cheap, unit pack power. On Aliexpress, more than a dozen successes?

tomjasz said:
On the cheap, unit pack power. On Aliexpress, more than a dozen successes?

UPP has been good to me as well. I ordered from them directly to build me a custom 30ah 52v pack with 18650B cells (what a fantastic affordable cell for high capacity applications!). The prices were very reasonable, even with $100 shipping. Once I received the pack I cut it open and discovered that it was built exactly as I requested and with the cells I specified.

Got my battery from UPP as well, on 11/11-2016 Aliexpress sale at the price of $508. It included charger, bag and customized XT-60 / XT-90S connectors.
I had never had an ebike battery in my hands before this, but I'm very satisfied with the price and quality.

After some cycles where the battery was NOT being balanced as I had cut off charger at 4.0 - 4.1 V/cell, I tested the voltage of each cell by opening the pack. They were dead bang on. I tested it again some days ago, and the voltages were between 3,734 - 3,736 V. Indeed the cells are of good quality.

There was only a few minor flaws:
- One balancing lead had decided to go rogue during assembly at the factory and loop OUT of the pack where the power leads are. Weird!
- The charger wire's 230 V plug had a MISSING pin. As in completely broken off. No problem; we all have these laying around anyway.
- Charger was rated/described to be 4 A, but charged at 4.8 A. Not much of a problem, but I have since made it adjustable.
UPP, take notes here ;)

Listed description:
"US EU No Tax 1500W Triangle battery 51.8V 20.3Ah li-ion battery Panasonic cells 52V 20Ah Electric Bike Battery With 40A BMS 58.8V 4A Charger"

1.Battery specification

Type LiNiCoMn2O4 Battery Pack
1. Basic Characteristics
Weight ≤ 6.0 kg
Dimension(L*D*H) 440*400*270*80mm
Working temperature Charge Temperature 0~45°C
Discharge Temperature -20~65°C
Retention of charge (store in one month) ≥95%
2. Technical Data
Rated Voltage 51.8V
Rated Capacity C1 ≥ 20.3Ah
Battery Resistance ≤100mΩ
Charge Way of Charge CC/CV(Constant Current;Constant Voltage)
Standard Charge Current 2A
Max Charge Current 5A
Max Charge Voltage 58.8V
Cell OverCharge Protection Voltage 4.2V/Cell
Discharge Continouns Discharge Current 40A can be customized
Peak Discharge Current 100A can be customized
Discharge Cut-off Voltage 42V
Cell Overdischarge Protection Voltage 3.0V/cell
Ratio Discharge 1C >96%C1
2C >93%C1
3C >90%C1
Cycle Life ≥ 800 Cycles