best place to buy 6S lipo batteries?

Batteries, Chargers, and Battery Management Systems.
cgokey   1 W

1 W

best place to buy 6S lipo batteries?

Post by cgokey » Apr 25 2017 7:06pm

Last year, I put together a e-bike with these lipo batteries, worked great..
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/stor ... _Pack.html
I paid $25 for each battery. Now they are double the cost, looking to put together another ebike, so like to stay in the same ballpark $, around $100 of
4 batteries (I harnessed them together to make two sets of 5mah batteries)
Looks like hobbyking is either out of stock of or prices went up. Any suggestions of other reputable places that sell these online?
Thanks,
Chris

eflyersteve   10 W

10 W

Re: best place to buy 6S lipo batteries?

Post by eflyersteve » Apr 25 2017 7:56pm

I know this isn't the answer you want, but Hobbyking will randomly drop the price of various packs. Keep checking as often (daily?) As you can and you'll run across good deals again. I've tried to source high capacity cells to build packs and haven't found a place that can come close to a hobbyking sale.

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

kingjamez   100 W

100 W

Post by kingjamez » Apr 25 2017 8:49pm

Yes, be patient and buy from hobbyking. As described above, they have random sales and will greatly (greatly) discount battery packs.

-Jim

Sunder   1 GW

1 GW

Post by Sunder » Apr 25 2017 9:26pm

Unfortunately the cost of Hobbyking compared to everywhere else makes it hard to say "Buy it from here of hobbyking is out of stock".

The multistars are great value, and the 16Ah versions are very often on special, but be aware that their C ratings are extremely optimistic.

I have a set for my push bike just over 2 years old. Run at 1C (and refrigerated when not in use), their internal resistance is only 2mOhm higher than brand new.

But my second set, which is regularly driven to 3C, and is left in the bike, is already suffering noticeable sag after one summer. Next time I take it out for routine inspection, I should re-measure the IR and let you know how they go.

Alternatively, there are some single cell vendors on Alibaba WHOLESALER, who have some good deals. Shipping can kill you for small quantities though. If you need quite a few and you're up for making your own packs, that's another option.
eBike: Q100H on 16S with Phaserunner FOC Controller
eMotorscooter: Vectrix VX-1 Died... Electrified Ninja in Progress!
eCar: Mitsubishi Outlander PHEV... Warramty expired. Still not game!
eHouse: 6.2kw On-grid solar with battery backup coming soon!

After 5 builds, the best advice I can give, is start with high quality products. I prefer http://www.ebikes.ca

cgokey   1 W

1 W

Post by cgokey » Apr 27 2017 7:32pm

Thanks everyone, I'll keep checking Hobbyking. I am amazed at how well those multistar batteries work, so might wait out for 2 larger ones. (10ah instead of the 5ah that I have).

Chris

cgokey   1 W

1 W

Post by cgokey » Apr 27 2017 10:40pm

What is the difference between this:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multistar-l ... -pack.html
and this:
https://hobbyking.com/en_us/multistar-h ... -pack.html

Just the dimensions? I see no difference in the specs other than the LIHV in the former? As mentioned in earlier
post, plan on using it for an electric bike.

Thanks,
Chris

flat tire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by flat tire » Apr 27 2017 10:43pm

The LiHV can be safely charged to 4.35 volts and it's on sale. You will get better cycle life if you don't charge that high.

cgokey   1 W

1 W

Post by cgokey » Apr 27 2017 10:46pm

Yeah just looked a little closer, from Australia warehouse.. So no go.. Will keep looking.
Chris

flat tire   1 MW

1 MW

Post by flat tire » Apr 27 2017 11:05pm

To my knowledge all their lipos ship from overseas. It's not that big of a deal you pay like $50 shipping and they come airmail in a few days.

Hillhater   100 GW

100 GW

Post by Hillhater » Apr 27 2017 11:31pm

Select your country of choice on the web site , and it will show which products are in stock in your country.
Its usually pot luck for various packs to be in stock locally, you have to keep checking...or just pay the overseas shipping cost .
This forum owes its existence to Justin of ebikes.ca