DeWalt DCB546 - What cell capability (amp draw) could they provide

Lovelock

10 W
Hey, I'm naive to battery tech but getting a custom Luna Mighty Mini clone built soon for around £300 from a UK builder.

Whilst searching online I came across these: https://www.screwfix.com/p/dewalt-dcb546-xj-54v-6-0ah-li-ion-xr-flexvolt-battery/2832p. Which are 52v / 6aH (same as the mighty mini).

There is no data about the cells used, what sort of cell do you think these are inside and what would their max amp draw be?

As a note, I'm running a Q100h with a 20a controller but never really much past 10a. The mighty mini is built with Samsung 30q.

Edit, just read that these are 6ah at 18v but 2aH at 52v which wouldn't be that great :lol:

End of thread haha.

The cells inside of the Flexvolt 6Ah packs, from what I've seen and tore down one that got destroyed, are a 2P5S arrangement of NCR20700As.

These can output up to 30A each continuously, so I would expect 50-60A out of a 2P pack.

Which isn't the case here. They are using 2Ah cells, which isn't all that great.

I am thinking about using the flexvolt “9ah” packs at “60v” 15s. I want to wire several of them in parallel but I am not able to find much of any information on the continuous or Max amp output.

The dewalt mobile power station uses 4 dewalt packs in 20v config to run an inverter. They claim 1800w continuous and 3600w peak output at 120v ac. Some quick math: 1800w/4(packs)/18v nom = 25amps. From this I would assume that the packs ar able to discharge 25 amps cont. and 50 amps peak. But of course this is at 20v.

So overall I don’t believe this is a reliable answer to the question of amp output of flexvolt batteries at 15s.

Anyone have some insight into this question?

If you can wait, i heard from a DeWalt sales rep that they're moving to prismatic cells soon. This will make their batteries more compact. No word on whether the performance or capacity gets better though.

Back