Looking for good sources of LiFePO4 cells in the US

john61ct

1 TW
Looking for good LFP cylindrical batteries, buying new.

So far it seems A123 is the gold standard.

nkon.nl was recommended to me as a source to save money, came across mfg Heter's brand ENERpower

Feedback please, any working experience with these over time? Impressions as to quality compared to A123.

What about K2?

What about nkon.nl as a trustworthy vendor? Warranty handling? Any advantages dealing with their Russian site?

Would like to get feedback on other sources, ideally based in the US, or at least accepting warranty returns here.

Top priority is build quality and longevity, then as stated high Ah capacity, **max discharge rate is not as important**.

Cost per kWh delivered (stateside) is a factor, but not willing to sacrifice quality just to save, say 30% in price.

Other suppliers good for sourcing into the US?

This is for larger packs, so fewer cells / larger capacity than 18650 would be nice, say 26650 or larger would be even better.

Headways?

Prismatics format (packaged in hard cases like Winston, CALB, Sinopoly, GBS) would also be great for 20+ Ah cell sizing, but not so interested in pouch format.

Thanks in advance!

Anyone know who the actual mfg for "enercig" LFP, sold to the vaping market?

US-based source, looks like this is the only LFP they sell https://www.imrbatteries.com/a123-systems-anr26650-2500mah-flat-top-battery/

BTW, for those not aware, A123 as a discrete company apparently went under years ago.

Dutch / Chinese ventures Super B / Lithium Werks / Valence Technologies Inc.

are the current owners of the A123 brand and certain of what used to be their battery manufacturing plants. Big new ones are under construction.

I'm sure those working with the little standard cylindrical sizes have their trustworthy channels, since A123 may well be the only quality maker of LFP in that format?

Headways being yet another different one.

And I believe A123 does not make the big prismatic cells, packaged in hard cases like CALB, Winston, GBS?

You can change the title by editing the first post ;)

Nobody else is having any trouble finding LiFePO4 in the USA, it's all over the place.

It's also a piss poor choice for EV batteries with terrible energy density, bad performance and safety benefits you are 99.99% likely to never see.

neptronix said:
You can change the title by editing the first post
Thanks, most forums don't allow edits so long after posting, I'll try to remember this one is an exception.

flat tire said:
Nobody else is having any trouble finding LiFePO4 in the USA, it's all over the place.
Well obviously buying at a high price and getting poor quality is easy, I'm asking for known-good trustworthy sources of quality brands

starting with A123, but now expanding to Winston, GBS, Sinopoly and CALB

and at reasonable per-kWh pricing.

And ideally not involving self-importing from overseas, I want to be able to actually return under warranty any sub-par cells.

Other brands I'd be willing to consider as long as their consistent quality and extreme longevity are proven.

Anyone who wants to argue about the pro's and con's of the chemistry itself are welcome to do so in another thread.

I already stated that max discharge rates are not an important factor for my use cases.

I earlier posted this:

> A trustworthy supplier of their big prismatic cells in the US is Voltronix, regularly gets container shipments in of certain sizes, might be able to work out a deal for others piggybacking with them, maybe pouch style if that's what you want.

thinking A123, but got my wires crossed, Voltronix resells Winston only, which I believe only makes prismatics.

Back