Tesla Cybertruck

Status
Not open for further replies.

cricketo

10 kW
Doesn't look like there is a thread yet.... Reveal is in two weeks, on 21st.

with state of duh art eh-aye it has to be not only self-driving but self-aware to be a true cybertruck
tenor.gif

[youtube]Jwi8jMomqt0[/youtube]

This is probably the best way possible to force people to give up their cars for good !
There is no way i would want to be on a highway with thousands of trucks with no drivers behind the wheel hurtling in all directions !
A cunning plan .

I Think the hackers will have a field day a truck u can steal from a distance, cars there no call for it unless u are sick in the head and want to kill people but a multi-million rig that can drive itself very appealing.

And before someone says its impossible your box is closed if you think this way criminals will find the weak link just ask the insurance company's.

Ianhill said:
I Think the hackers will have a field day a truck u can steal from a distance, cars there no call for it unless u are sick in the head and want to kill people but a multi-million rig that can drive itself very appealing.

And before someone says its impossible your box is closed if you think this way criminals will find the weak link just ask the insurance company's.

It is possible theoretically, like with anything that is connected to anything. How about de-orbiting a satellite and crashing it onto a city ? Causing a nuclear meltdown at the nearby power plant (supposedly those have been hacked, that's next) ? Or what about billions of smartphones, how many of them have been hacked through the carrier networks as opposed to due to users' own actions ? Your worry is rooted in popular culture. It is relatively easy to design these systems to be secure enough. Even though we hear about vulnerabilities in stuff like Intel processors every day, most of those are non-exploitable even by fairly skilled hackers. Sleep tight :)

Yeah if I had those skills I'd probably use them on a bank or something. But banks don't seem to get hacked much, I guess digital security is a real thing.

Even if they did, they would do everything possible to hide it, because if you knew banks were insecure, would you leave your money with them? (insured or not)

Hillhater said:
This is probably the best way possible to force people to give up their cars for good !

Whatever works is for the best.

Hillhater said:
There is no way i would want to be on a highway with thousands of trucks with no drivers behind the wheel hurtling in all directions !
A cunning plan .

Go to web MD and punch in all the medicines, you currently ingest and see if it doesn't say you shouldn't be driving.

"The average number of prescriptions per capita in the U.S. was, on average, 12.2 per capita in 2013. Trends indicate that the number of prescriptions per capita increases with age. Those aged 65-79 years utilize, on average 27.3 prescriptions per year."

Computers don't drive high and they never take their eyes off the rode to text or look at Facebook.

st35326 said:
Hillhater said:
A cunning plan .

Go to web MD and punch in all the medicines, you currently ingest and see if it doesn't say you shouldn't be driving.

"The average number of prescriptions per capita in the U.S. was, on average, 12.2 per capita in 2013. Trends indicate that the number of prescriptions per capita increases with age. Those aged 65-79 years utilize, on average 27.3 prescriptions per year."

Computers don't drive high and they never take their eyes off the rode to text or look at Facebook.

We need neural computers it's too soon for a computer to compete on environment with humans, check out the neural processor it's 10000 times faster at processing AI object recognition tasks because we have evoled to make sence of the space around us not add math but computers have evolved to calculate data that's why I see a banana with 100% accuracy and the computer does not it need to calculate a probability.

The brain has 80 billion neural paths the most modern neural cpu has 4 billion and its massive amount of hardware we only consume the power of a lightbulb for processing power so give yourself some credit no AI can beat a human that is not complacent at driving only chess and math data hungry stuff can they hold us hostage. To me we are shutting the most powerful computer down to run a raspi when both should be utilized together a means of stopping a bad driver from being complacent until nural computers have developed into small packages that can coexist with a general cpu and gpu that really can out perform us not just on math but image processing and recognition.

Ianhill said:
We need neural computers it's too soon for a computer to compete on environment with humans, check out the neural processor it's 10000 times faster at processing AI object recognition tasks because we have evoled to make sence of the space around us not add math but computers have evolved to calculate data that's why I see a banana with 100% accuracy and the computer does not it need to calculate a probability.

The brain has 80 billion neural paths the most modern neural cpu has 4 billion and its massive amount of hardware we only consume the power of a lightbulb for processing power so give yourself some credit no AI can beat a human that is not complacent at driving only chess and math data hungry stuff can they hold us hostage. To me we are shutting the most powerful computer down to run a raspi when both should be utilized together a means of stopping a bad driver from being complacent until nural computers have developed into small packages that can coexist with a general cpu and gpu that really can out perform us not just on math but image processing and recognition.

Andrej, is that you ? :lol:

dustNbone said:
Yeah if I had those skills I'd probably use them on a bank or something. But banks don't seem to get hacked much, I guess digital security is a real thing.
Ha ! ..you think ?
How about $20+ bn last year alone that they admit to.
This is the modern day version of thousands of major bank robberies !

https://www.teslarati.com/teslas-futuristic-supertruck-pickup-is-over-seven-years-in-the-making/

I watched this live on the 65inch TV... https://livestream.tesla.com/

I have to admit when they first rolled out that CyberTruck I laughed my head off.
But then I decided I really liked it, if I wanted to buy a Ute/pickup-truck I would definitely buy one and be proud, I think I like just how in your face it is, its some how saying FU in a certain way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcROXiN_cdE&feature=emb_logo

https://au.finance.yahoo.com/news/2019-11-21-tesla-unveils-its-cybertruck.html
dims

https://www.cnbc.com/2019/11/21/tesla-cybertruck-unveiled.html

*ADD*EDIT*
Elon said they were going to be taking the car for joy rides for people all night, I found a few images/videos of it on the streets in LA.

Video of it being drivin at night, looks like it was leaving the studio.
https://twitter.com/Sofiaan/status/1197820308037623808?s=20

Night photo outside.
EJ-PpldU4AAuSj4

And this is a video of how the shatter proof glass is supose to perform as show in this bus stop vadalism epic fail video on Twitter.
https://twitter.com/RT_com/status/1197809856306122754?s=20

https://www.tesla.com/cybertruck

I've put a pre-order on dual motor with FSD. I'd gladly pay more for the tri-motor one, but I don't want to wait until 2022. They've done the opposite with this one than what they've done before - cheaper models will ship first.

https://www.theverge.com/2019/11/21/20975475/tesla-cybertruck-announcement-musk-electric-truck-pickup-features-range-price-release-date

cricketo said:
I've put a pre-order on dual motor with FSD.

It's probably for the best to wait until the ultra-douche mystique wears off. Then change your mind about owning any kind of suburban assault vehicle.

Balmorhea said:
cricketo said:
I've put a pre-order on dual motor with FSD.

It's probably for the best to wait until the ultra-douche mystique wears off.

Deposit is fully-refundable, and in this case is rather small - $100. I still have a $1000 on Model 3 sitting since the reveal. I think Tesla is really using reservation approach now to gauge customer interest than to raise capital, and hopefully given enough interest may speed up the production.

It's certainly not to my taste, but good on them for being so totally different.

I mean, it's a truck. It's designed to do a job and look like a family wagon is not one of them. The price is pretty good for it's capabilities. Why Bollinger couldn't do something with these numbers, for even twice the price I don't know.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back