ES Equity Crowdfunding

LockH

1 PW
Ummm.. Started out in Victoria BC Canada, then sta
`Kay. So. So far, ES reports "Search found 5 matches: crowdfunding" (in topic titles)...

... including Equity crowdfunding:
https://endless-sphere.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=15&t=86482&p=1264973#p1264973

And lately the news has been flooding about "bike sharing" startups in North America? With attendant downsides of dealing with the pubic (sp?... see China...).

So. MY thought is to go for bike rentals... And not just "any" bikes but to rent out folders with bettery-electric assist...

... and being a lazy guy... (hehe) so far have got a local/independent bike shop owner to sign with my cities Parks Dept. to rent bikes at a local and popular park nearby that has a bike path that goes for many miles, as it mostly runs along the shores of Lake Ontario.

So. Already have a LBS putting bikes and staffing this "prime" location each and all summer long, just launching into Year Two of a five year contract.

... and although the store owner appears to have one "token" electric bike in his store... his rental bikes so far have been 100% pedal-only poop-mobile style.

So my plan is to give the guy electric bikes from these folks in China:
http://www.fitriderscooter.com/fitrider-ivelo-m1/26-ivelo-e-bike-m1.html

ivelo-e-bike-m1.jpg

... which the manufacturer tells me will sell "sample" bikes for about $300... FOB China... Plus maybe $400 each to ship to me in Toronto. So I've been "ball parking" MY cost delivered as about $1000 each... probably, hopefully less...

So again, in summary, one lazy, old guy has so far established a prime rental location, with manager and staff in place, and plans to "up his game" by adding electric bikes to his existing fleet of rentals. AND for the store owner to handle rentals, maintenance, staffing, overheads... and some "reasonable" profit... and hopefully/maybe once each year after his "season" is over, about Christmas-time, will "cut me a cheque" for some return on my investment.

So. Watt might some "reasonal return on investment" look like? On a $1000 investment... say $300 each year? NO idea how long rental bikes remain serviceable... Maybe say three seasons (dealing with the pubic...) ... and and left-over resale value? Guessing "scrap" or better. :)

Am I "barking up the wrong tree"? Basic objectives include promoting electric traction. (And some return on investment of course...) My academics include accounting and marketing.

So. Any ideas where I might be "off the rails", etc? Plan is for a test marketing, with many more rental ebikes purchased in the future. :)

Tks

Interesting. So far, zero thoughts from any of the Krew on the `Sphere?

Just to give a little perspective on getting into the ebikes rental biz... seen locally:
https://www.madcatebikes.ca/

WE HAVE EXTENDED OUR KITCHENER RV SPECIAL
BOOK A TOUR NOW FOR ONLY $30
$59.99 (REGULAR PRICE)

The electric bikes are perfect for individuals that enjoy the outdoors and for those who would like to go biking, but are unable to due to health or physical conditions.
The pedal-assist feature will help bikers explore longer distances and take on hills much easier. Should you wish to keep the resistance high, simply turn off the pedal-assist.
Whether a group of friends, singles, families, all are welcome and able to participate. We provide helmets or you are welcome to use your own.

PICK A TOUR

Toronto Waterfront Tour
Centennial Park (Barrie)
Midhurst, ON - OFF-ROAD EXPERIENCE

IMG_4038_2048x.jpg

:wink:

Hi Addy... TKS for the comeback. :)

I assume and suspect the bike store owner already pays for insurance of rentals? Again, the thought here is just to buy one (or more) folding electric bikes, then have the bike store "do all the work"... and hope to share a "healthy return" as a share of his net profits. EG to sell off "used" bikes at some discount after a busy season, then reorder for next summer. The store owner I've been messing with [hehe] owns Velotique:
https://velotique.com/

Hehe... I see he's now changed his name in Giggle Search to "Velotique Bicycle Sales & Rentals". :mrgreen:

... and my bet is, from watt I have been reading, that "modern" folding bikes w/assist will be "most popular" for his biz. :wink:

I actually feel like I got him mixed up in this bike rentals biz, and want this end of his bike biz to "shine". :mrgreen:

Back