Help Please on 10s bms install on 10s2p pack

chessir

100 W
I need help on how to exactly install the nickel strips on my 10s2p pack so that i can protect with my 10s bms. I know how to install an 11 wire bms but I can never find exact instructions on what nickel strips to add to my currently configured 10s2p pack. Do both top and bottom get connected with additional nickel strips . If so can you show a diagram or explain?

It would be helpful to post a picture or diagram of your pack. With only 2p, it should be pretty simple.

Thanks for responding. I guess I failed to mention it's a vruzend 10s2p pack. Sure, I will try to post a picture

You start at neg end if 11 wire the first wire goes to neg and second wire goes to #1pos. and each wire goes up in voltage all just on pos. side. I would double check from fecter. For diagram or AW. Use M.M. meter to see building voltage. Lego"s
Did I say use a M.M. meter. Pos and neg and voltage.
Maybe Dielectric grease ? Not sure what"s the best ?

Sure it's a 4ah baby pack but easily upgradable anytime once I figure out how to link the cells to use one 10s bms.
I have seen many videos assembling bms protected battery packs but they all suffer from inadequately showing how the cells are interconnected.

p means parallel

tops and bottoms connected

essentially becomes larger single cell

I've been trying to post a picture but not having any luck so far.There is an icon that is for image and there is"add file " under attachments but neither successfully includes the pictures?

10s1p is 36v and fully charged 42.volts. And 2p is the same. Just more use time. Less stress 4o less stress longer life ect. Lots of tutorials of how to hook up 11 wire 10s BMS first wire 0 negative can 7 wire copper same cam positive the rest all to the positive cams check with multimeter and proceed. Or watch 101 videos and convince yourself just kidding always use your multimeter don't short nothing out keep battery in a BBQ outside of garage outside of house surface

I have this post in the battery section .Almost 30 views there but 0responses. Sure glad I posted here also anticipating lack of response there.
The idea is to bms protect a 20 cell battery pack with 10s bms. One could I suppose install 2. 10s bms and individually charge via each bms although cumbersome. The videos I have seen show mere glimpses of the strips connecting the batteries. I need a complete graphic for the strips both on top and bottom.

This video by Mike from Vruzend shows my dilemma.(https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m4DGDkwFr54). He demonstrates how to wire a bms to a 50 cell pack in a 10s5p configuration. At 0.29 into the video he shows the top of the pack with the configuration of the nickle strips . Unfortunately you do not get to see the bottom of the pack. See all the added strips and connections? Sure adding a lot of weight to the pack to accomodate a bms. Would the bottom look the same as the top?

Success, The above youtube video shows at 29 seconds the proper connections for the nickel strips as four square configurations plus a pos and a neg parallel connection. The bottom would have only 5 square configurations. Problem solved.

Back