Sabvoton 72150, low throttle very unsteady. How to tweak?

thender

100 mW
I am using a 72150 with a bafang BBSHD. With an ASI controllers, if you push the throttle gently, it will move the chainwheel slowly.

With the 72150, if you push the throttle gently, it will move it slowly until it hits a certain RPM, then it stops, then it starts, then it stops, then it starts. Every second it will have a pulse, then turn off, then turn on, then turn off. It's not a steady or consistent motion at all, it is somewhat nauseating.

I am wondering if this may have anything to do with how I've set it up. The throttle off voltage is 1.07v, so I set minimum throttle voltage to 1.17v. My battery can put out about 50 amps continuous, 60 amps peak DC current, and is a 52v.

I've tried messing with the throttle minimum and middle voltages, and the phase amps for throttle middle endlessly but can't seem to get it to stop pulsating at a ridiculous kind of rate of full power-no-power twice a second on low throttle.

Thank you!

endless.jpg

Does it use a current-control throttle, or a speed (PWM)-control throttle?

If it has the option for both, try the one you're not using and see if it changes.

Does the throttle works fine at other power levels? It doesn't sound like a throttle issue, unless your throttle is sending out an unreliable signal at low openings.

Low throttle is unsteady for the bafangs even on stock controllers.

Tommm said:
Low throttle is unsteady for the bafangs even on stock controllers.

Low throttle is unsteady on the stock controller, and the ASI BAC800, but that is slightly unsteady on first startup if I am on a high gear. This is unsteady even at medium throttle, regardless of gear, and also far more obnoxious. The same throttle doesn't do this with an ASI BAC800 and the same motor - so I imagine it is an issue with the controller or how I've programmed it.

amberwolf said:
Does the throttle works fine at other power levels? It doesn't sound like a throttle issue, unless your throttle is sending out an unreliable signal at low openings.

It does. I don't think the throttle is at fault since an ASIBAC800 with the same motor and throttle doesn't have the same issue.
amberwolf said:
Does it use a current-control throttle, or a speed (PWM)-control throttle?

If it has the option for both, try the one you're not using and see if it changes.

That is an excellent question, I have no idea.... but should look this up so I know.

Back