New Build with new Cycle Analyst showing 100v with 52v battery pack

phunzie

1 µW
i recently completed a build with rear hub motor, that includes an EM3ev 12fet controller, 52v battery pack (14S6P), and a CA 2.4. Everything seems to be OK, except the CA is showing 100v. The battery pack is currently charged to only 52.5v.

I have entered the shunt value written on the controller, 1.14, in the CA settings.

What can be causing the incorrect voltage to be shown? I have contacted Ebikes.ca/Grin, but haven't heard back from them yet. :?

Ther'es a setting to scale the voltage in the advanced part of the setup, that determines how many volts the CA shows for how many volts are really there. AFAICR its' there so if you had a higher voltage battery than the CA can directly run from or sense, you could use a voltage divider to power the CA and have it read that voltage, but show you the correct voltage anyway based on the setting.

[ Cal->VScale ]
This setting calibrates CA voltage measurement. The factory calibration is about 31V/V using the CA internal voltage divider. If an external divider is employed, then VScale must be adjusted to match the voltage scaling ratio.
https://www.ebikes.ca/product-info/cycle-analyst-3.html#ca31-setup-menu

thanks...Grin got back to me and pointed out the "Voltage Calibration" section in the Advanced Settings menu...they had me put in a value of 31.26, (it previously had a value of ~50+)...the CA now shows voltage of 52.9, and my cheap multi-meter shows 52.1...close enough i guess

If you don't fully trust your volt meter, you can charge up your battery and calibrate off that. At full charge, a 14s battery should read 58.8 volts. which should settle to 58.7 or so once connected and powering on your controller. You can then play with the multiplayer in the C Analyst until it shows similar.
Once the motor has been turned, this will drop off a good deal more, so do it fresh off the charger.

Back