E-Bikekit control conversion help

aroundqube

10 kW
I purchased an E-Bikekit ( USA ) DD hub kit the first year that they switched to waterproof connector cables and a display. Known as the kit with the 1 to 4 cable. I have been satisfied with this kit, no problems. The display is basic, with no ability to select parameters for Maximum speed , regen , or PAS , etc. I am considering purchasing this control kit with KT controller and KT LCD3 display. https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ebike-KT-Controller-Kit-36V-48V-500W-LCD3-108X-throttle-KT-V12L-Brake-extend/173803213928? . My concern centers around the correct hall / phase combination. I asked the seller " I do not see the two wires that plug together on installation for self study /automatic self learn correct hall phase combination for my sensored hub motor. Will your controller self learn the correct hall / phase combination? " Reply - " Our controller phase combination 120 . No need for self study" Does anyone know if this will work ?

I think it will work, but you'll need to test various hall and phase wire combinations, unless they happen to match up. That could involve cutting one of the 9-pin cables so you can switch wires around for the right combo. On the other hand, you may get lucky and just plug it in and have it work.

Yes, I agree. Trying to avoid the cut and splice, but will do so if need be. As a side note : I recently received the Ebikeling 36V 500W 26" geared rear kit. That control system does work well with the E-Bikekit, plug and play using all Ebikeling components. This bike does not have PAS. When their LCD S830 parameter is set for throttle only , the assist levels become preset cruise control speeds. The acceleration is proportional to how much you turn the half twist throttle. Max speed limit can also be set.

If you don't want to cut and splice, to keep things water resistant, you can open the controller (or motor) up instead, and solder the wires in a different order. It's more of a PITA to do, but leaves the cable intact.

So I took a chance and ordered this kit the next day after the post. Arrived yesterday. Removed all the old control components today , and installed the kit. And the answer is........................................yes ! This works very well, plug and play. The only error is the speed read out on the LCD-3 display ( shows 14/15 mph at maybe 22 ish mph ) . P1 was preset at 87 , which I think is for a geared hub. For my 9C clone 9X7 DD motor, I think it should be 46. I will try that tomorrow.

That's cool. It would be really nice if the industry would just standardize on which color wires solder where on controllers. Then all kits would plug and play, at least on the motor wires end.

Dumping the old EBK display and controller is a good idea. The second gen one was better, and the current one really nice with full end user programmability. But EBK won't tell you how. :roll:

Back