Pedal assist sensor wiring

Jazmi

1 µW
Hello everybody,

I need your help. I recently bought a used and not working Super 73 SG. It had a code error 30 and the guy changed the controller but it did nothing.

I found misconnection in the harness, did some soldering and the code 30 dissapeared, but the pedal assist won't work. To make easier for you, here's what i know :

- Battery is good
- Motor works on "walking" mode (bottom arrow on the SW102 LCD)
-LCD works (on/off/lights/up and down button... walking mode)

I think the problem comes from the cadence sensor clipped in the bottom bracket. There is a LED but it does not work. Also the cable has 3 pins but the cable coming from the controller has 6 (higo without misconnections). There some voltage coming from the controller (10v or 4v).

Is it possible that the new controller was designed for a torque sensor? The bike is 1 year old and the controller is July 2019

What do you think?

fetch

Well, I can share that if the LED isn't on when the display is powered up, the sensor isn't wired right. It's a simple hall sensor, so it needs a positive, a negative, and a signal wire. If the LED isn't lit, it's not getting power or ground, or they've possible been reversed.

@Ahicks : Thanks, you were right. I cut the wires from the sensor and tested different position for the blue wire (signal). It works! :thumb:

Now, i have another problem, the power of the motor seems very weak compared to other bikes I have tested. It's a 250w, ID : HTCN 1712S0117 KP250w with the power cable on the left side. Battery test : 52v. No throttle installed.

Any thoughts?

Jazmi said:
@Ahicks : Thanks, you were right. I cut the wires from the sensor and tested different position for the blue wire (signal). It works! :thumb:

Now, i have another problem, the power of the motor seems very weak compared to other bikes I have tested. It's a 250w, ID : HTCN 1712S0117 KP250w with the power cable on the left side. Battery test : 52v. No throttle installed.

Any thoughts?

Is it weak even when you up the assist level using the SW102 LCD? ("Turbo" would be 100%)

There's no Turbo mode on my display. It's OFF / eco / tour/ sport and that's it. And I can't get into the advanced settings like the online SW102 manual says, Grrrr. Maybe because it was designed for Super 73 and the European market? :(

Back