Tire help for 17" and 19" moped rims

harmonist

10 W
Hi all,

Sorry if this has all been covered, I've done a bunch of research and am still scratching my head a little, the thread (19" Motorcycle Wheels vs 26" Bicycle Wheels) has some good info in it but I wonder if much has changed in the last few years.

So I've put in an order for the QS205 in a 19" 1.85 moped rim from EM3EV, (they only offer the 1.85 width), 99% of my riding is commuting on street so I was looking at lower profile street tires however these seem hard to find for 19", unless I just get some heidenau k65 at 2.75" ??

I went with the 19" rims because I was running 26" mtb rims before and thought this would be a good step however I'm now thinking should I just get the 17s because of the larger selection of road tires? any help appreciated!!

I've emailed em3ev asking them to change my order to the 17" 1.60 rims, that seems to be the way to go for street by the looks of it, having lighter wheels is a bonus plus my workmate races motorbikes and reckons he has piles of 17" tires I can have for free, all round win! :thumb:

Back